Chapter 7 The WerePanther I Call Mine

Chapter 7

Avalon's POV

Over the next week, I slowly got better. From the stabs I had had my stomach punchured as well as my lung and had several broken ribs. I had had a concussion but that had been one of the first things that had healed. I was getting better as the days flew and as time passed, so did my worry grow of what Jake would do to Logan. Of what Logan would do to Jake, I corrected myself. I wasn't worried about logan. Just about what he would do to Jake if he found out my secret. I wasn't sure yet so I didn't want to worry and raise Jake's hopes. (I'll tell in the next chapter I upload.) Anyway, I was feeling better but pretended to be a little worse than I was just to keep Jake around. I think he knew what I was doing but understood why. I didn't want him to leave me. I loved him so much. And in such a short time. I've only known him 3 weeks now. It feels like forever. I didn't know I could feel this strongly in such a short time. I just hoped he felt the same. I didn't think so though because a few days before being stabbed, I had told him I loved him after making love to him and he had turned his back to me.

I didn't know it could hurt so much. I had given him my whole heart and soul and he had turned his back to me. It hurt just thinking about it. I turned my back on Jake as he walked into the room. I pretended to be asleep or looking out the window. I was out of the hospital. I had been released earlier this afternoon.

"How are you feeling?" Jake asked and I heard him next to my bed. He touched my hand and I withdrew it and put it under my head.

"Better. Just go. I don't want to talk. I'm tired." I sighed. I was. Just not physically. I was emotionly tired of wearing my heart on my sleeve and having it ripped  from my chest.

"Fine, avoid me but when I get back, we are going to talk." I closed my eyes as he left and felt tears run down my face. I loved him but clearly he didn't feel the same way. This mating was just an inconvence for him. It didn't matter. As soon as he left so would I. No way was I going to keep going through this. Finally I cried myself to a dreamless sleep.