Chapter 26

Previously on Sparkmates Of Destiny:

But it's too late, the Decepticon utilises the distraction and frees herself from ChaosStar's restraints.

"This isn't over" she growls before using her remaining spider legs to drill her escape route.

"ARACHNID!" Arcee yells as she fires her blaster down the escape tunnel in a futile attempt to end the Decepticon.

"Finally! Not only are we behind schedule, but now I have to treat your wounds too!" Silver ramble in annoyance.

"We're on a schedule?" Chaos looks utterly confused while Silver groans in reply.

"Let's just get back to base, I've had enough excitement for one day"

Chaos laughs at the classic medic grumpiness as they start their journey back with Arcee begrudgingly behind them.

Somewhere in Wales, United Kingdom

In the beautiful high hillsides of Wales, Optimus and NightStar enjoy a much more pleasant environment for their mission. They walk in silence, until NightStar asks the question that's been burning in her processor since the missions were assigned.

"Optimus" she gains the Prime's attention.

"Yes, NightStar?" Optimus gives the femme his full attention as they hike up a particularly large hill.

"Why did you choose me to join you for this mission?"

"You are a skilled femme, NightStar. And a valuable partner in battle. However, I admit I had another motive for choosing you"

"What do you mean?"

"I wanted to discuss the pranking incident with you"

"What about it? Did you talk to Chaos and Moon?"

"Yes, but that isn't what I wish to talk about"

Now that confused NightStar. What was left to talk about the incident? Unless... oh no.

"Then what?" She expertly hides her dread.

"NightStar, when we fell, I felt a sensation where I came into contact with you" he watches her reaction carefully.

"Like sparks?" She asks while gazing at the view before them.

"Indeed. Then you felt it too?"

"I did"

"Do you know it's meaning?"

"...no. Do you?" She lies smoothly.

He'd have too many questions if she was truthful, she cannot risk the team's true origins being revealed.

"Ratchet and I have a theory" Optimus eyes her carefully, knowing his next words may shock the femme.

"You spoke with Ratchet?"