Chapter 24

(A/N: Prepare for five chapters in one go!)

Previously on Sparkmates Of Destiny:

"NightStar, you will accompany me to the fourth set"

Night blushes in response, gaining a suggestive nudge on both sides from Jazz and AngelBlade.

"Silverjay and ChaosStar will head to the fifth set, while Jazz goes to the sixth with a group of soldiers"

"Hell yeah!" Chaos shouts while swinging her arm over a frowning SilverJay's shoulders.

Jazz simply nods in acceptance.

"Moonshine and Bumblebee will go to the final set of coordinates"

"Yes!" Moon smiles happily while embracing Bumblebee in delight.

"Is everyone clear on their missions?"

"Yes sir!"

Let the fun begin.

The Amazon Rainforest

A large cargo plane lands in a secluded clearing, inside are AngelBlade, along with Lennox and his team. The group exit the cargo hold and observe the expanse of trees that extend as far as the eye, and optic, can see.

"5.5 million km² of dangerous terrain that will no doubt cut our communications with the rest of the world. Joy" AngelBlade scowls at the edge of the forest.

"Well we better get moving then. We have 8 hours to reach the pod in uncharted terrain" Epps adds on.

"Not to mention, we have to go on foot. The land here is untouched, so we have no chance of getting any vehicles through there. They'd only slow us down" Lennox continues.

"Don't forget about the countless predators in there just waiting for us" Figs feels the need to add.

"This better be worth it" Angel grumbles as she and the small team of soldiers enter the overgrown foliage.

***

"You know you lot could help, right?" AngelBlade scowls as she slices her sword threw the air, cutting the mass of branches and vines that block their path.

"But you're doing such a great job without us, Blade" Epps quips as the rest of the humans chuckle in response.

"Slave drivers"

"Come on guys, pick up the slack" Lennox shakes his head in amusement as they push further into the wild terrain.

"You know, I'm surprised we haven't seen any predators yet. We've been walking for at least an hour" Figs casually notes while tossing a broken vine into the thicket.