The library was completely empty as if no one ever used it. It was large and quaint, some bookcases were as tall as the ceiling and some were as short as me. A few work desks and chairs were here and there along with smaller seating areas of the fancy-looking sofas. The lighting was dim, giving the area an intimate and quiet feel to it. The shutters on the window were half down, allowing the slightest bit of light to enter.

"Where is everyone? Does anyone even read in this pack?"

Alaric looked up from the book, straightening himself as he folded his arms across his chest.

"I requested that it should be empty for you, you wouldn't want ten thousand wolves pestering you!"

My jaw hit the floor.

He smirked at my reaction.

"H-how... w-what?"

"I told you, Valerie, this land is much bigger than what you've been accustomed to. You didn't think I only had a thousand wolves under my care and order, did you?" He smirked as his eyes held me captive in his vision.

I didn't know what to say, let alone what to think. I was aware that the Demon Alpha had many wolves under his rule and command. It never occurred to me that he had more than five times the amount as any other Alpha.

"That means... that I'm..."

"Yes, you're the Luna of ten thousand wolves."

This was definitely a lot to process. I was pretty sure I looked like a fish struggling to breathe.

Before either of us could say another word, two males walked through the entrance of the library. They were both dressed in suits and had serious looks on their faces. I had no doubts that the two men were Alaric's Beta and Gamma. They looked completely different, one had dark hair so short that it could be passed off as a buzz cut. The other had short cropped hair that was styled similar to Alaric's. They held such authority as they scanned the library looking for someone.

Alaric turned around and I stared at his back, watching the way his muscles tensed, he moved slightly so that he was standing in front of where I was seated, almost as if he was blocking the two men from looking at me. I could still slightly, as I strained my body at an awkward angle that looked like I was trying to purposefully fall off the couch.

The male with the buzz cut stormed straight towards Alaric, bowing his head in respect.

"Alpha." He acknowledged and the other male did the same.

"What?" Alaric grunted out gruffly.

"You're needed at the report meeting!" Buzz cut said. "We were worried when you did not turn up, half an hour ago."

"For fuck sake!" Alaric cursed and swiftly turned around to face me.

"Valerie, to cut this short this is my Beta Elijah," he gestured to buzz cut. "and my Gamma Adam," he gestured quickly to the male with more hair. As I looked at them more clearly, I could remember them from the engagement party. They were both scary looking, faces that were intense and hard. Their stance showed that they were well trained and well-disciplined, something that not all male wolves had.

"Hi," I said quietly waving my hand awkwardly.

Elijah glanced at me for a brief second and bowed his head. "Pleasure to meet you."

His tone was emotionless and slightly cold. I had expected that as he didn't seem like the type to converse with females. Adam the gamma didn't say anything to me, just a bow of the head, showing that he acknowledged me but didn't want to say anything. I didn't take offence to that, after all, I had lived nineteen years without speaking to many people all at once.