36

Chaeyoung's POV

It was already morning and I decided to tell Mina unnie about the promotion after breakfast. I was already cooking when I heard some noises coming from the living room. I turned off the stove and checked who it was. I saw Chaeyeon, Sakura and Ryujin.

"What are you girls doing early in the morning?" I asked them

"Oh, Ryujin slept here at the living room last night, Chaeryoung was jealous from yesterday" Sakura said and I chuckled

"What's so funny unnie? I can't even talk to her now" Ryujin whined and I patted her head

"She'll come to you, I'm sure she'll miss you" I said as I went back to the kitchen.

As I was preparing the food, Chaeyeon spoke which made me surprised

"Unnie" she said softly and I turned to her

"What? you scared me for a second" I told her and sighed

"Shouldn't you tell Jeongyeon unnie first than telling Mina unnie?" she asked and I thought for a second. She is right, I should tell my sister first

"Yeah, you're right, I'll go to my sisters place after breakfast. Tell Mina that I had to run some errands okay?" I asked her and she nodded.

I quickly went to my room where Mina was sleeping, I tried to be quiet as I can be, I took a bath and changed into my clothes. Before leaving the room, I kissed Mina on the forehead first.

"Okay girls, don't make a mess while I'm gone" I said as I walk to the door.

"Nae!" they answered

I got my car and went inside.  I started the engine and drove off to Jeongyeon unnie's place. After a couple of minutes I arrived at their place. I parked the car and went inside the house. As I got in, I saw Jeongyeon unnie sitted properly staring intently at Naomi, her daughter.

"Unnie what are you doing?" I asked her

"The question is why are you here?" she asked but not removing her gaze on Naomi.

"I have a problem"

"If it's not important or doesn't include me don't ask me for help, I'm trying to win over Naomi" she said

I sighed and finally Nayeon unnie went out of her room.

"Chaengi, why are you here?" she asked

"Oh I have a sort of problem" I said and scratched my head

"It's too early to have a problem aunt Chaeyoung" Naomi butted in but she was still having a staring contest with Jeongyeon unnie.

"I know but, it's important" I said and sighed again

"How important?" Jeongyeon unnie asked. Nayeon unnie then let me seat at the couch.

"I'm going to the US tomorrow" I said and  Jeongyeon unnie blinked.

"Wait what?" she asked and stood up

"You lose mommy" Naomi giggled

"Not now sweetie" Jeongyeon unnie said and went towards me. She sat beside me.

"Why are you leaving?" she asked

"I was given a promotion unnie, It would help me" I said and she just nodded

"Does Mina know?" Nayeon unnie asked and I shaked my head

"Til when are you gonna work there?" she asked again

"I don't know unnie" I said and lowered my head

"Don't worry Chaeyoung, It's fine with us, but you have to tell Mina first" Jeongyeon unnie said and patted my back.

"Thanks unnie but I'm leaving tomorrow, do you think she'll be fine with it?"

"Just talk to her, I'll know she'll understand" Nayeon unnie said and smiled

"Don't worry aunt Chaeyoung, we'll keep her company" Naomi said and hugged me

"Thanks Naomi" I said and hugged her back.

I left their place and went back to my house. I entered and was greeted by a warm hug.  I looked down and saw Mina unnie. ( Pretend that Chaeyoung is taller than Mina, just slightly)

"Oh, Good Morning Mina unnie" I said and hugged her back.

"Where did you go? Chaeyeon said you ran some errands" She said and pouted. I chuckled and pinched her cheeks.

"I just went to Jeongyeon unnie's place and talked to her" I said and smiled sadly, remembering that I have to leave tomorrow.

"What's wrong Chaengi?" she asked

"Well can we talk for a while?" I asked and she nodded.

We're at my room now, Mina unnie is seated at the bed beside me. I then held her hand.

"Mina, you know that I'm a doctor right?" I said and she nodded

"Well I got a promotion and I think it would be a great help for the both of us, but there is a problem"

"What is it?"

"I have to leave you here" I said and was about to tear up

"Hey Chaengi, don't worry I'll be fine" she said and hugged me

"But I'll miss you too much" I said

"Hey, I'll miss you too but this is a big opportunity for you Chaengi, and I know you want it" she said and caressed my cheek.

"I promise you I'll wait for you"

"I'll promise to be back soon" I said and gave her a quick kiss on her lips. We parted and I saw her smiling brightly. I hugged her again.