2. Away

Hey guys! My brother kept giving me weird looks while I wrote this chapter because I kept randomly laughing. So, enjoy!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alex POV

Alex woke up to the sound of a pencil scratching against paper. He sat up slightly, smiling down at the smaller boy in his arms and squinted across the room at the person sitting at his desk.

"Laff?" he frowned.

"Oh, you're awake!" he jumped, scrambling to hide whatever he was working on. John shifted slightly in Alex's arms, looking around confusedly.

"What are you doing in here?" he yawned, shooting Laff a look.

"I could ask you the same thing, mon ami," Laff smirked.

John blushed and got out of the bed, heading towards the door. "I'm gonna go b-brush my teeth," he stammered, leaving the room.

Alex glared at Lafayette as soon as the door clicked shut. "Why must you always tease us?" he sighed, standing up to go sit on the edge of the desk.

"It's my job, mon frère," he smiled, gripping a small notebook to his chest.

"Then don't complain when I tease you and Herc," Alex chirped.

"Now that's not fair! At least Herc and I admit that we have feelings for each other!"

"I'm going to tell him! ...Eventually!"

Laff gave him a disbelieving look and Alex sighed, standing up nervously. "Nows just not a great time, okay? I'll tell him once things have calmed down a bit."

"You'd better."

"What were you doing in here?" Alex questioned, eyeing Laff's notebook curiously.

"I may have been... drawing."

"Drawing John and I?"

"...Maybe."

"I wanna see!" Alex smiled, reaching for the notebook.

Laff held it out of his reach, glaring down at him. "Don't touch my book!" he chided, carefully opening it to the page he was working on. "Here. I was gonna write 'Lams' above y'all in bubble letters, but you interrupted me."

"Well forgive me for being concerned about the creepy figure sitting at my desk watching me sleep," Alex huffed, looking down at the drawing.

It was a simple picture of John and him sleeping. Alex had his arms wrapped around the smaller boy and John's head was resting on Alex's chest. He smiled fondly, giving Laff his best puppy dog eyes.

"...Fine!" Laff groaned, carefully tearing the page out of the notebook and handing it to him. Alex took it happily, looking around his room for a moment before finding his photo album.

"It's not as good as John's drawings," he smirked, tucking it into an empty space. "But it will do." Laff rolled his eyes at him, grabbing his notebook and walking towards the door.

"Mom said get ready for a cooking lesson," he chuckled, before leaving the room. Alex groaned pitifully, burying his face in a nearby pillow. He couldn't cook to save his life.

——————

A couple minutes later, Alex finally stepped into the kitchen with a pout on his face. John laughed at him, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the stove. "Mrs. Washington said we're making pancakes!"

"This isn't gonna end well, Mom," Alex tried, walking towards the coffeemaker. "We both know that! So, why don't I just go pour myself a cup of— OW!"