zwei­und­dreißig.

Start from the beginning

     the h/c-haired recalled how she finally enjoyed herself after the tense question reiner asked. she forgot about it momentarily and just focused on the movie, wishing to herself not to ruin it with unnecessary worries.

     y/n left that part too throughout telling armin how their movie marathon was yesterday. it wasn't really important, it was more of directed to her and just showed how reiner was a bit suspicious about her. armin also didn't need to worry about it, she couldn't afford to make him upset or concerned about her. it was her fault, anyways, she didn't need to make him worry about her or himself because she got it under control.

     it'll all pass soon. she knew of it.

     "well then, let's finish what we started!" y/n exclaimed cheerfully after her little story telling, grabbing the same book they read a day ago. armin beamed and nodded, letting the h/c-haired lean against his body before flipping the book open.

     it was her turn to read and armin was more than ready to hear her reading voice once again. a velvety and soothing voice was all he wanted to hear for the time being considering that it's been a while, he was very excited to see what was going to happen soon to the enemies-turned-lovers.

     soon enough, the two were finishing what they started. armin had stopped asking questions about the meaning of some words and y/n wasn't exactly sure if he already knew the words or had an idea. that or he simply didn't want to interrupt the h/c-haired who was too busy with reading it to him with twinkling e/c irises that could match with the stars as she got addicted with the plot.

     the two could only focus on themselves and the beautiful words of the book, unbeknownst of their environment.

     a quiet humming could be heard from the entrance of the beach. the figure entered and played with the sands of the beach, sighing as crosses his arms across his chest. he watched the waves crawl gently to the shore, his eyes filled with misery. the sullen silence of the beach was peaceful for him, giving him time and space to think as he gets sentimental under the night sky. 

     with a frown, he turned around to leave but his ears caught a sound of laughter amidst the crash of the wave. a shiver went down his spine, his brain immediately started thinking of supernatural figures that probably roams the beach as of now. he was about to leave and forget about it when he heard another one, much louder and clearer this time. 

     the male furrowed his brows, confused and a bit baffled at the sound. who else could be at the beach this late at night? as he thought of an answer to that question, one name came up his mind but as he looked around the beach, he saw no sign of her which only made him more scared about the possible spirits lurking the beach.

     he glanced around the moonlit place, to seek an answer of some sorts or to look for the source of the laughter. as he glanced at his left, he caught sight of a figure. he tilted his head before stealthily approaching, eyes focusing on the person currently at the beach. even from far away, he could see a human figure with h/c locks holding a book. 

     that alone made him know that the person was y/n, the only person he knows that would visit the beach. however, he was a bit puzzled as to why the h/c-haired would be sitting far away from her usual spot. he didn't even see her car outside thus he didn't know she was here until he saw her. as he approached sneakily and mended with the shadows, he found it funny how the h/c-haired still didn't notice or heard him. then again, he was being quiet and one of his skills was being sneaky thus that's the only reason why she still hadn't seen him.

     golden eyes widened as he saw another figure beside her. he was a bit confused, he didn't recall someone else visiting the beach like y/n does. she was leaning on him as she read the book, laughing and looking up at him from time to time. he rose a brow, about to come over when he stopped. what he found peculiar was the fact that the figure beside her wasn't wearing any shirt despite the cold wind that would often go by. as he gazed at the figure, the moonlight up ahead helped him to look at the male more clearly.

     he found himself not breathing, his body freezing upon palpably seeing the figure beside her didn't have any legs.

     but instead, a tail.

     he had no idea if he was seeing things or it was the dark but the more he pinched his cheeks or blinked rapidly, the same royal blue tail never went away. he gulped his, eyes shifting to the mermaid and to the h/c-haired who'd often kiss his cheek or talk to him about something he couldn't hear. there was no way in hell that a mythical creature was there, sitting beside the h/c-haired and clearly talking to her.

     he was just dreaming... right?

     his legs were frozen on the sand, he couldn't find the will to move and if he doesn't leave soon, there was a huge chance they'd see him gawking at them. quickly and as sneaky as possible, he turned around to leave. footsteps were quiet and he controlled his breathing as to not make so much noise that could catch their attention. his eyes were still wide, his mind going back to the mermaid he just saw with his own to eyes.

     there was no way this was a joke. he knew it at the start. he already suspected something about y/n. 

     and that was the answer to all of his questions.

     he soon returned to his apartment and the stillness of the room was slowly making him lose his mind at what he found. he looked around the living room, finding his phone just on the coffee table. he quickly grabbed the phone and dialed up a number, pressing it against his ear while he walks around the room back and forth impatiently

     soon enough, someone picked up his call and a tired deep voice could be heard on the other line.

     gulping, he ran a hand through his hair and uttered out two words. "code yellow."