zwei­und­dreißig.

THE LAUGHTER of y/n's friends could be heard even from the outside of pieck's house. the h/c-haired could only shake her head at how loud they were, worried that the ravenette's neighbors might report them for being noisy in the middle of the night. she sighed and knocked against the door, patiently waiting for someone to open it for her. soon enough, it creaked open and the face of porco came to view.

     "hey bitches, y/n's is here!" he called out to his shoulder, hearing a few cheers as the blond stepped aside to let the said female in. y/n handed the three bags of chips to the blond who only grinned and rushed to the kitchen where she guessed pieck was taking care of the food and drinks. 

     as the female reached the living room that suddenly turned quiet, she deadpanned upon seeing reiner and annie in a fighting stance as they circle each other. their faces showed no humor, showing that what they were doing wasn't a joke. zeke and bertholdt could only watch, both cheering yet also a bit confused as to what was happening. despite being there with the two, they weren't exactly sure as to why they were suddenly squaring off. 

     "should i know why you guys are fighting?" 

     the two blond/es looked up, reiner smiled and was about to open his mouth to answer when annie took this as a chance to kick his shin. the buff male quickly fell down and groaned in pain while annie innocently looked at the h/c-haired before sitting beside bertholdt, who looked a bit scared as he glances at the blonde beside him.

     y/n could only laugh at her friend's pain and take the last seat on the couch, beside annie. reiner, after crying and cursing at annie, finally stood up and crawled towards the floor in front of the couches, tending to his broken shin. the poor buff blond was still cringing and crying about the pain that never went away while bertholdt stood up to get some ice for him. annie was smirking as she watched the commercial playing in the television while zeke was teasing him nonstop.

     y/n shakily grinned at the two despite her suspicions and slight hatred towards them, even if it was only a day or so since she found out about zeke's 'family' work. reiner was a bit weary about her after seeing her looking up mermaids numerous times but she didn't know if the glasses-wearing male knew about it too. there's a chance that reiner would tell him if they work under the same people but as of now, zeke wasn't acting skeptical about her. she loves her friends dearly but the fact that two of them might be dangerous to a mystical creature, it just didn't sit right with her. although she wish she could confront them of any sort, that itself would be bad and would only set off alarms.

     so, y/n suck up all her thoughts and worries and decided to enjoy her time with her friends. the two were still her friends, despite everything and she wasn't so mean to ignore them. plus, she didn't need to worry about them when she knew that she's good at keeping mermaids a secret.

     soon enough, pieck and porco came back with food and drinks in their arms. the ravenette grabbed the remote from zeke and began searching through the hundreds of movies in neftlix.

     "wait," reiner suddenly spoke up. "go back." he ordered to the ravenette who shoot him a puzzled look but did so anyways.

     y/n tensed up in her seat but luckily the others didn't notice. clenching her fists tight, the television showed the mermaid show she remembers searching about with reiner beside her. h20.

     almost on cue, reiner turned to the h/c-haired with a smile. "this was your childhood, right?" he asked softly, but y/n could feel just how emotionless his tone was.

     the said female forced herself to look at reiner's glinting eyes, trying her best not to show how anxious she became upon hearing his question. "yeah, why?" she replied, silently praising herself for not letting her voice break.