Chapter 35 - THE END

I hold a mate in my hands, keeping them warm as I wait a little longer.

I rest my body against the wall, my head resting against it too.

It's stupid. It's so dumb the way I'm so in love with someone that even watching them sleep makes my heart flutter.

She was still wearing yesterday's clothes. She was probably so tired last night when she got home that she didn't want to shower and that's why she slept on the sofa. She didn't like getting into bed with me if she hadn't showered after her shifts.

One of her arms was hanging over the edge, her face covered by her brown hair that it was somehow still in a ponytail. One of her legs was at the verge of falling too.

She was adorable.

Sighing, I drank for my straw and slowly made my way to Asha. I left the mug on the coffee table and sat on the floor, right in front of her. I didn't want to wake her up but she said she wanted to come with me and if we didn't leave soon, we'd be late.

I moved some of her hair from her face, softly caressing her cheek. She had a little beauty spot right below the end of her eyebrow. It was pretty. She was pretty.

I gave her a soft kiss on her cheek, then another at the top of her nose, her forehead and finally I kissed her behind her ear, right below her earlobe where her little elephant tattoo was, that's when she moaned. Smiling to myself, I kissed her lips, once, twice, three times... God, I loved kissing her.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to," I told her, brushing her hair behind her ear, she liked it when I did that, it made her fall asleep faster. "I can be back before Tuesday—"

"No," She said, opening her eyes fast. "I'm going."

I laughed at her sudden rush of energy and watched her lean in to place a kiss on my forehead. She smelled like hand sanitiser and hospital.

"I'll go shower." She yawned, stretching as she titled her head to the side, trying to crack her neck. "Is that mate?"

I snorted, nodding as she extended her hand to grab hold of the mug. She started walking away with the straw between her lips and a tired look on her face.

"I'll make you breakfast," I called out for her, hoping that she doesn't fall asleep while showering.

It had been three years since I moved back to London and a year later, she moved in with me.

At first, it was a bit tricky. We weren't used to living together and to top that, we were still working out some things between us. We managed to recognise when the other was getting to a snapping point and we'd try to talk rather than shut the other out.

It was also hard because she was stressed out from work. I began to see how it affected her, physically and mentally, so instead of fighting her or whatever, I just tried to calm her down, talk to her, let her see what was up.

It wasn't easy. But it was worth it because the past three years have been the best three years of my life.

I have never loved anyone or anything like I loved her. I am madly in love with her and even when she was annoying as hell, she was still my favourite person. The one person that made me smile no matter what mood we were in.

When I finished making breakfast, Asha was still not out of the bathroom. She always did this, sometimes, she was too tired and the warmth made her even more sleepy. And sometimes, the water took a little longer to get warm and she'd sit on the built-in shower bench, waiting for it to warm up. It wasn't the first time she had fallen asleep on it.