chapter 32:

One of the men point a strange gun looking thing at us and the next thing I know- all goes dark.

————————————————————————

I wake up in a strange, dark room. I only see black. I try moving my body.. i'm tied up to a chair. There's duck tape over my mouth.

I hear some movement from beside me. as the memories from last night come back, I feel a sharp pain in my head. "Gah!" I groan out in pain through the tape over my mouth.

Someone walks downstairs. the figure of a man slowly walks towards me. "Rose.. it's just me don't worry" I hear Colbys voice come from the man. He quickly unties me. "we have to get out of here" He says as he takes the tape off of my mouth.

I look at him confused. "colby.." He looks at me, "they took you because you're pregnant with one of our kind. we're vampires." He says. I gasp and back up slowly. "you're a vampire?.. IM PREGNANT?!" I shout a little too loud. He quickly covers my mouth. "shhhhh.. yes and yes. now we have to hurry up and get out of here." He says while picking me up bridal style and carrying me out of the warehouse all the way home.

As we get home, I take a deep breath and lay down. I glance at my stomach and chew my lip nervously. I could tell Colby was stressed by the way he furrows his eyes brows and runs his hands through his hair. He was sitting at the table texting who i assumed was his dad. Whenever he texts his dad he's always focused on the phone.

Colby sighs loudly, "my dad is gonna get us a safe house for awhile, just until the air is clear." He look over at me. I nod and hold my stomach softly. A baby?.. me.. a mother? how the hell am i supposed to be a mom if i can barely take care of myself?!

Suddenly, Colby jolts outside.