Chapter 2:

"Hey Rose." I hear a voice say. Colby. "Colby!" I say and turn around to hug him.

"What are you doing here? You didn't text me this morning." I say and let go of him. "Sorry I was in a rush." He says.

The bell to go to class rings. "What's you're first period?" Madison asks. "I have Ms. Gates. What about you?" I say.

"I have Ms. Gates too." Colby says.
"Ugh I have Ms. Bowen." Madison says.
"We better get to class now." I say. "I'll see you later Madison." I say. "Ok bye." She says and walks off.

"You wanna skip class?" Colby asks me. "No it's the first day we need to go." I say and drag him by his backpack.

"But I want to talk to you all day." He says. "We can do that after school Colby." I say.

We get to class. I follow Colby to the back of the room where there are two empty seats. The kid next to us is Steven. He used to make fun of us in middle school.

"Ugh I hope he grew up by now." I whisper to Colby. "Yeah that kid still looks like Caillou with hair." He whispers back. I start laughing.

"Ewwww Rose likes Colby." Steven says. "Shut up Steven you still sleep with a stuffed animal." I say.

My friend Emily enters the room. I get up and hug her. "Hey Emily!" I say. "Hey!" She says back. She goes to sit next to her girlfriend. No one knows much about her girlfriend except that she is really shy but is sweet.

Emily tells me all about her and I'm so for her.

The teacher walks in. "Hello class welcome to high school." She says. "Today we have some things to go over like the rules and dress code and things like that."

I zone out of class. All I can think of is Colby. I might have a crush on him. His dreamy eyes and bubbly personality.

The bell rings.

We all leave class. I run into my friend Madison. "We are skipping." She says and pulls me into the bathroom. "What about Colby?" I ask. "Forget him right now. I have tea to spill." She says.

Colby walks in the bathroom. "Colby this is the girls bathroom!" I whisper. "I know." He says. "You can't be in here. You look like a pervert!" I say.

"We have to skip. Schools so boring." He says. "Ugh fine but not again." I say.  "3rd period we all have gym together." Madison says.

Someone walks into the bathroom. We all run into separate stalls. "Guys I saw you." A familiar voice says. It's Angie. I come out the stall. "Hey sis." I say. "You skipping to?" Angie asks. "Yeah haha." I say.

Madison and Colby come out of the stalls. "What the hell why is Colby in the girls bathroom?" Angie asks. "He wanted to skip with us." Madison says.

"Let's go to the vending machines." Angie says and drags us out. "Careful. We don't want the dean to see us." I whisper.

"How about me and Madison go get some snacks and you two stay here." Angie says. "Sure." I say. They leave down the hallway and me and Colby go back in the bathroom.

"Well. We're alone." Colby says and winks. He has always had that type of humor. "Ugh Colby." I say. I knew I was blushing by now.

I get a text from Emily.

Emily: Why aren't you in class?
Me: I'm skipping with Colby.
Emily: Why? What are you guys doing?! 🤭😂
Me: OMG not that!!
Emily: Bullshit.

I put my phone down and notice Colby is staring at me. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask. "Don't say that tik tok bull. I know that's a trend." He says. "Whatever you say Colby Brock." I say.

"Don't use my last name." He says. "Cole. Robert. Brock." I say. He leans my against the wall and puts him arms next to my head. One hand by my left ear and one hand by my right ear.

He looks in my eyes. There is barely any space between us now.

"Hey guys I- oh what did we miss." I hear Angie say. Me and Colby separate. "Uh nothing." I say. "Sureeeee." She says. "Where's Madison?" I ask. "She's flirting with jack in the boys bathroom." She said.

"Who's in here?!" A mans voice shouts.