She watches him intently, waiting for his answer.

"We're not friends," he answers somewhat sadly.

"At least for now," he adds, smiling.

He begins to wonder if she'll get in trouble at home.

"Okay," she tries not to smile.

"I'm sorry Mum," he says again.

"It's okay, I guess." She shrugs and pats him. Then she walks away to finish up whatever she was doing in the kitchen.

He smiles and joins Emily back on the couch.

He doesn't like when his mum is mad at him. Some minutes later, Elsa begins to sing 'Let it go' and Emily giggles.

She stands and pulls Chris up with a lot of effort and help from him.

"Let's dance."

Chris rolls his eyes but smiles. She always does this when he is around.

Emily holds both of his hands in hers and begins to move around as she sings along.

Chris joins in the first chorus.

"Let it go. Let it go. Can't hold it back anymore. Let it go. Let it go. Turn away and slam that door. I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway."

And they continue to sing and dance- if you think Emily pulling Chris around is called that- till the end of the song.

Their mum came in towards the end of the song and has been watching them since, smiling at the beautiful sight.

After, she announces her presence.

"I've found another babysitter for Emily. She'd be here tomorrow to babysit since you have practice and I have a client to take care of."

"Cool," he replies absentmindedly.

He hopes the new babysitter won't be like the last. The last one was always hitting on him but he never gave in. He had to make her quit because he feels she would be a bad influence on Emily. But his mum doesn't need to know that, right?

**

"Stephanie, remember you have to babysit today?" Karen, her mum says to her just as she's about to leave for school.

"Yeah, mum. Am I going over?" She asks.

"Yeah. Your Dad will drive you there after school so try not to get detention today," her mum says.

Stephanie sighs and walks out of the house to meet Brooke.

Her parents weren't happy about her getting detention. When she called her mum in school to inform her yesterday, she wasn't happy. She was pissed off. Her dad didn't take it any better.

Why does it matter?

They're barely home.

They work for the same company, a well-known and successful one. They work in different departments but it's still the same thing. Going on business trips, coming back late, and whatnot. Assuming they work in different places, Dad would probably be home when Mum isn't and vice versa. But they work in the same freaking company. That's why they're home now.

All those times they haven't been around, she could have gotten a lot of detentions and they wouldn't even know.

Thinking about it now, she doesn't care what they think. It's her life, not theirs.

She enters the passenger seat of Brooke's car.

"What's wrong?" Brooke asks once she notices the look on her best friend's face.