Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)

Start from the beginning

Sora: ever since we rescued Aqua from the Dark World.

Goofy: first it started out as small bad dreams, then they turned into nightmares, and now it's worse 'cause he was tryn' to crack his head open.

Kairi: if this keeps up, he's not gonna be able to sleep at all.

Mickey: I still don't understand how this is happening.

Riku: what do you mean, Mickey?

Mickey: well, I never met any of them, but the Dragons choose separate vessels. In every rebirth, they choose separate vessels based off of certain aspects. Shiro goes to one of great light, and Kuroi chooses one of great darkness. Then, they battle each other until either one or both of them are killed, then they repeat the same process again. But, this time, they're both trying to choose the same vessel. As a result, it's causing great turmoil inside Arc, and if sooner or later, one of them's going to snap and the results won't be pretty.

Axel: but I don't get it. Sephiroth said Arc's the White Dragon, right? So, how can he also have some of Kuroi's power?

Terra: Cronos could've implanted some of the power into him after their last fight.

Ventus: but, why would he do that?

Sora: I don't know. Honestly, with what we learned in the journal, nothing makes sense with that guy. He just causes nothing but chaos wherever he goes.

Clara: (detects a transmission) I'm getting info from HQ. It's a mission.

Showing the info to the others, they see it was about a recent spike in darkness on Remnant. To bring further interest to the gang, there were reports of Soulless attacking Mantel.

Clara: looks like a few friends of ours are in need of assistance.

Roxas: when do we leave?

Arcturus: (enter the room) after we finish gearing up.

Naminé: are you sure you're up for this, Arc?

Donald: yeah, you should get some rest.

Arcturus: after that nightmare, rest is the last thing I want. (Beat) look, guys, I appreciate you looking out for me, I really do. But, I can't sit back and do nothing while bad things are happening, especially to my friends.

Sora: well...

The others took glances at each other, obviously uncertain if it would be a good idea. On one had, Arcturus's transformation could be completed soon, and apparently it would end badly. On the other, Arc knows Remnant better than them, as well as a few people. Glancing at each other, they decided their choice.

Riku: Clara, how much longer until the arm finishes?

Clara: based on the current growth, I'd say six transformations in Drive Forms, and three in Dragon King.

Riku: in that case, Arc, you can come, but only if you promise to only use any of your transformations as a last resort.

Arcturus: got it! (Exists)

Clara: guys, I'm worried about him.

Sora: we all are. But, no matter what, we'll be there for him.

They all nod in agreement and left to get ready. Roxas, Naminé, and Xion's clothes were still being worked on, but they were almost done. For now, they would remain in the cloaks. After they had finished gearing up, the ship arrived to Remnant, and they were transported to Mantel. When they looked up, they were surprised by the kingdom of Atlas.