Chapter 27: HORSEMAN IN ATLAS (REMNANT part 1)

Start from the beginning

Arcturus: (shocked but then angered) what the hell is this!?

Kuroi: the future. One that you will bring, once you've truly become my vessel.

Arcturus: what are you talking about!? Shiro's my Dragon, not you! Cronos is your vessel, so go bother him!

Kuroi: it is true that he is my vessel. But, why do you hold a small part of my power inside yourself?

Arcturus: I don't—

Kuroi: you still don't know, do you? Face it boy, your worst enemy is yourself.

Shiro: no! The boy has made his choice. Leave this body now, Kuroi.

Kuroi: his soul holds both great light and darkness. In the end, only one of us will have total control over him.

Arcturus: I don't want to be a part of your crazy war. I'm not your puppet to play with, I'm a human being!

Shiro: I don't want to bring you into this, Arcturus Farron, believe me. But, I sadly have no choice.

Kuroi: our curse compelles is to chose our vessels and fight. Face it, boy; no matter what you do, this is what you will become!

The two then grab Arc's arms and it was like a game of tug-of-war. During this, both arms spread more and more as they changed him. As it began changing his face and his wings spread, it was too much for Arc as he kept hearing all the voices over and over again in his head.

Everyone: YOU'RE GONNA BECOME A MONSTER, AND YOU WILL DESTROY US ALL!

Arcturus: (wakes up) AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

He runs out of his room and this shocks everyone. They manage to follow him into the training room where he's banging his head against the wall. They managed to pull him back, but it took some time holding him.

Sora: Arc, stop!

Donald: calm down!

Kairi: what happened?

Clara: I don't know. His adrenaline levels have skyrocketed and he's having a panic attack.

It took a while, but they managed to get him to stop. Arc just collapses to the ground and holds his head as he's breathing heavily. He looks up to see the others and they see his expression terrified and tears running down his face.

Arcturus: guys...

Aqua: it's alright, Arc. You're safe.

Goofy: yeah. Whatever happened isn't any reason to bonk you're head on the wall.

Arcturus: s-sorry, I...guess I just panicked.

Sora: why did you do that? And, why were you screaming?

Arcturus: I...had a really...really bad nightmare.

Aqua: what happened?

Arcturus: (long pause) I don't want to be a monster...

Aqua: you're not going to be one. It was just a dream, okay? You're safe, now, okay?

Still a little unsure, he nodded weakly and they took him back to his room. Later on, the gang, except Arc, was having a team meeting to discuss about said Speedster's current situation.

Sora: okay, this is getting worse.

Donald: no kidding. I've never seen Arc that scared before.

Xion: how long has this been going on?