Chapter 6 - Filming with Phil

Phil set up the camera on the tripod in front of us. He sat down on his bed next to me, crossing his legs like children at primary school do.
"Duck down," Phil said, pushing me beneath the view of the camera.
"Hey!" He said, sticking up a hand. "So, today's video is going to be an introduction video of my new apartment sharing friend!"
He signalled for me to pop up into the view of the camera.
"This, internet, is Dan Howell!"
I jumped up into the view of the camera, nearly hitting my head on the camera lens, and on to the bed. "Hello, Internet!"
"OW!" Phil jerked away. "You sat on my hand!"
Thankfully, he burst into a fit of laughter. I apologised frantically, feeling awful that I may haw just hurt the guy I had to share an apartment with. He flapped his hand at me.
"Ah, no worries, Dan." he grinned. "It's fine! But what do we do now?"
This was something neither of us had thought about. We had introduced the video but in no way had we planned what we were going to do in the video. I suggested a few ideas and Phil suggested a few.
From our wide range of ideas, we settled for a Q & A video, mainly because it required the least effort. Phil sat with his phone in his lap, an Internet page open on a blog full of questions for tags.
"So, question one: How did we meet?"
Phil asked.
"Phil, you're not using the boyfriend tag questions, are you?" I asking laughing, partially as a joke, the other part out of curiosity as I recognised the questions.
"Umm...maybe," he giggled. "It was the best I could find. Just answer it,"
"Okay," I said staring at his grin. "We first met at high school but met again five days ago."
It hadn't felt like five days that I've been there. It either felt like day one or day five hundred but I couldn't tell which. Both ways, I felt like Phil had changed my life in a million different ways: I had independence, I had a friend, I was having fun - I was happy.
After another six questions, Phil rounded off the video.
"Click here to subscribe to me," he made gestures in the air beside him, then towards me. "And click on Dan's sexy face to subscribe to him."
"We're gonna have shippers now you've said that," I laughed.
"We're going to have shippers whatever we say," Phil responded, trying to not let his grin grow any bigger. Reaching forward, he switched off the camera. "I'll edit it later. I think I need a hot chocolate."