Chapter Eight

CHAPTER VIII
BABYSITTER

SURPRISED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT TO WHAT VALENTINA FELT THAT MORNING, when she felt something or someone on top of her giggling

SURPRISED WOULD BE AN UNDERSTATEMENT TO WHAT VALENTINA FELT THAT MORNING, when she felt something or someone on top of her giggling. Nearly cursing at whomever may disturb her precious slumber, she opened her eyes and quickly stopped herself from calling the person on top of her something that starts with an f- and ends with a -ucker.

Cassian Leong-Teo was two-years-old and incredibly irresistible — with chubby cheeks and dimples to pair. Despite him disabling her ability to breathe, she can't help but grin at her favorite little cousin. Clad in his little yellow blazer and white chuck-taylors, he giggled aimlessly 'Vally' at the teenager. When she finally processed who was right on top of her, she quickly got up and hugged the little boy.

"Even in a whole other continent, your body clock's still an enigma." Astrid Leong smirked down on her younger cousin. "Cassian insisted he woke you up."

"Thank God — I can't really imagine you on top of me Astrid." Valentina grinned at her cousin as she smothered the little boy with kisses. "Although, I do believe I would be living hundreds of horny boys' fantasy."

"Ha, ha Valentina." Astrid mocked while finally getting her son off of her cousin.

"Did Cass do my advice?" Nick asked as he leaned on Valentina's white doorframe. He smiled as Cassian ran up to him to hug his leg. "If he didn't I'm absolutely game on putting my dead weight on Valentina."

"Oh dear God, no." Valentina exclaimed as she hurriedly stood up. "I'm already flat as is."

"Astrid here, arrived just this morning." Nick gestured to his cousin. "Bit of a shock when I heard the front desk call our room to inform us that our favorite cousin was downstairs."

"In my defense," Astrid chuckled as she crossed her arms. "it was better than me barging in your penthouse. Auntie Eleanor did tell me where your apartment was — I could've just went up the elevator and sneaked in."

"Really, I was just worried that it was Eddie that I had to deal with." Nick laughed into his mug as he took another sip of the bitter liquid.

"What are you doing here Astrid?" Valentina asked whilst putting her arm around her cousin's shoulder and leading her to the breakfast nook.

"Waldorf Designs wants me to model for them." Astrid sighed. "Apparently, I market a big deal of Asian buyers."

"Waldorf?" Valentina asked dumbfounded.

"Yeah, never liked their garments, I prefer Lisa Von Tang really." Astrid mused, cuddling with Cassian on the couch. "I just needed a valid excuse to visit both of you, so I accepted."