Chapter Two

Chapter II
Helloes

THE LOBBY OF THE PALACE WAS INCREDIBLY BUSY

THE LOBBY OF THE PALACE WAS INCREDIBLY BUSY. There, she saw multitudes of men, women, and even children bustling around in that said morning. It was too early for her too, as usually Valentina would love to sleep in the comforts of her bed till the break of noon. So, there she was leaning on her brother, on 7am in the morning, as they sat on the overstuffed leather couch at the lobby. She would've gladly rushed to their penthouse as soon as they arrived, but sadly it was the direct order of their mother for them to meet a man named Bart Bass for the sake of respect and business. Sadly, along with that he had their penthouse keycard.

As Valentina hugged her peach fur coat tighter around her body - and furthermore cuddled into her brother - she was nudged awake by him, as the sound of footsteps approached them. Quickly, Nick and Valentina did what they learned from all the years of meeting people similar to the Bartholomew Bass they were about to meet; they stood tall, and with grace flashed them the smiles they sure needed to show.

"Goddammit Nick, I was just about to sleep." She said through gritted teeth, as she tried to say it to him through her smile.

"Well, someone could've slept in the flight if she din't stay up watching movies." Nick leaned down to her while attempting to keep his smile on his face.

"Don't you ever say that again about my love, Harrison Ford ever again."

They once again straightened out as the man who seemed to be Bart Bass approached the siblings with a teenager by his side.

"Hello, you both must be Nicholas and Valentina." The older man said as he brought out his hand to shake, which Nick and Valentina accepted firmly. "I'm Bartholomew Bass, but most call me Bart."

Valentina noted that his smile din't have the warmth that he was trying to convey.

"This is my son, Charles." He gestured to them his son, or moreover to Valentina. "From what I believe, he is your age Valentina."

As Valentina brought herself to look at the boy, she couldn't help but feel disgusted as he went on to look at her legs and up to her face. With a scoff, she went on to look at him blankly, as he seemed to love her reaction.

"It is nice to meet you both." Valentina said sweetly as she forced herself to smile through her sneer directed towards the boy.

"You know Nick, I think I need to buy some feminine goods." She turned to look at her brother while he tried to still flash a smile while she could see the annoyance flashing in his eyes. "It is such a hassle; the airport din't have the quality brand I needed."