Chapter Six

CHAPTER VI
DARK HAIRED BEAUTIES & BRUNCH DILEMMAS

"We Upper East Siders don't do lazy.
Breakfast is brunch; and it comes with champagne, a dress code and a hundred of our closest friends and enemies."

WAKING UP, all Nathaniel Archibald could think about was the splitting headache that was attacking him early in the morning. It did not help, however that he has been thinking about too many things lately. He has been thinking about Blair, as she had just woken him up for such an important brunch, when the breakfast-lunch fusion has been the same old routine since their childhood. He has also been thinking about Serena. He can't help but think about Serena appearing the night before, whom he may add, was with a nobody, hand in hand. Jealousy was not an option for a boy like him; especially that he's practically betrothed to Ms. Blair Waldorf herself. Lastly, the weirdest thought that was in his mind was the raven haired beauty who somehow has been showing up in his every line of sight.

He shouldn't, but he just can't help it.

It was practically illegal for him to like Serena, what more was this random lottery-winner teenage girl?

Peering in to the bedroom that was in the suite he was residing in, there he saw Chuck. Of course, on a bed with two ladies, sporting a black eye. It was a wonder, however how the waitresses never thought that maybe Chuck was seventeen. But who cares right? Sex is sex.

"Nathaniel, keep it down." Chuck was obviously sporting the same splitting headache, judging from the fact he never did once notice the time. "Some of us are trying to regain our strength."

Nate, however could not keep it down; considering how the inner voices in his head seemed to be arguing with the voices in his heart. But, a man's gotta do what he gotta do. Get up.

"Your dad's brunch is today."

"Alarm's set for 9." Chuck replied begrudgingly, not once getting up.

"It's 10." Nate countered.

With that, Chuck forced himself to get up. After all, he can't afford to anger the superior Bart Bass himself. It could be seen that stress ran through their veins. Ignoring the sting on his eye, he clapped his hands and woke up the helpful ladies from the night before.

"Ladies. Double time." One night stands after all, was just for one night. Chuck did of course notice the exasperation on Nate's face. "Oh, unless, Nathaniel?" What type of friend would he be if he din't offer his pleasures to his right hand man?

"I'm good." Nate snarked at Chuck. Chuck knew he was already in Blair's grasp, and he can't afford any more cheating scandals.

"Actually, could you two bring some coffee when you get the chance." Nate felt like caffeine was the only remedy for a hangover like this. "And some water. Lots of water."

"You want ice with that?" The waitress was obviously arrogant, after just hooking up with Chuck Bass. They aren't special, Chuck hooks up with everyone.

"Looks like you could use some." The nobody tried being sweet to Chuck by touching his face, but sweetie, this is a one night stand, not an act of true love. She will be such to Chuck, a nobody.