3 | Almost Got Away |

| 5:22 am | Your Room

You woke up to the sound of wheels rolling. As your eyes slowly open you see a lady bring a tray with food on it and leave. As you sit up you feel your backache. You rub it trying to make it feel better. The bed was stiff and you had never slept so uncomfortably. You look at the breakfast. You cringe as you see how dry and cold it looked.

 You cringe as you see how dry and cold it looked

You see a note poking out from the plate. You lift the plate and grab it.

Note

I'm sorry that I left that bruise there. I didn't mean to press that hard. This is the only sorry you'll be getting out of me so hold onto the note for when I've done you wrong.

You could tell he was joking but you didn't find it funny. He shouldn't even have put his hands on you in the first place. You set the note back down and lay back on the bed, hoping to sleep the day away.

2 Hours Later

You jump up from your bed in a panic. As you breathe hardly your heart pounded. You think about the nightmare you had just had. His large hands wrapping around your throat. That cold look in his eyes. You get up from the bed and feel your back hurting again. You remember when you'd go to yoga class and it would help you. You position yourself in front of the door since the room was so small and did the downward dog.

 You position yourself in front of the door since the room was so small and did the downward dog

As you hear the muscles in your bag crack you feel way better. Without warning, your room door opens up. You panic a fall to the ground.

"That wasn't my fault either."

You wanted to joke with him that time and say what you said yesterday but then you think about the bruise. He notices your small smile fade away.

"Just came to make sure you didn't escape."

"There's a way to?" you say looking around the room.

He slightly chuckles. He then looks down at the food.

"Why didn't you eat?"

Because the food is trash!

"I'm not hungry..." you say lying. You hadn't eaten since lunch yesterday, you were starving but did not want to eat that. You gave up putting up with nasty food ever since you graduated high school.

"We went through your phone. Who knew you liked pussy." he teases.

Y/n: That was private information!

"Shh that clears up the background check."

"That means I can go home?" you say with a huge smile on your face.

"You could have but we found something else."

"Oh my god, what is it?" you say whining.

"Turns out you're a lawyer. Me and the law don't mix well."

Y/n: You're acting as if I'm a cop!

"Lower your voice."

You gulp and back down, looking to the floor.

"I need you to take a weeks vacation."

Y/n: I have a case coming up next week that I need to prepare for.

He goes quiet for a bit.

"I'll let you talk to them over the phone but if you pull anything slick you'll be here twice as long and never be allowed phone privileges."

"Thank you." you sigh. He moves out of the doorway giving you space to walk past. You do as suggested. He closes the door behind you and guides you down the hall to his office.

| 7:45 am | His Office

He pulled up a chair next to his so you could speak on the office phone. As you wrote down what the client said you see him peeking. You remove the phone from your ear and cover it.

Y/n: Private information.

"My phone my rules."

You roll your eyes with a grin.

9 Minutes Later

"I'm going to the bathroom," he says standing to his feet.

As he goes inside and closes the door behind him you think about it's your chance. He did warn you but you had to take a chance.

"Listen to me, I am missing. I need you to report it." you whisper into the phone.

Client: I know, you told me you were going to miss work today.

Y/n: No, abducted missing.

Client: I told you I did not take her. She ran away.

You shake your head in frustration.

Y/n: Listen to me. Go to the police station and report that Y/n Y/l/n is-

The sound of the door bussing open distracts you. He takes the office phone and throws it across the room. You stand to your feet.

"Do you think I'm fucking stupid?! I warned you! Can you not fucking hear?!"

He throws his hand in the air aiming for you then stops himself. You squint, blocking your face. Shaking with fear. He puts his hand down.

"Go back to your room. There are cameras in the hallways so don't pull any slick shit."

You sprint out of the room. As you slowly walk down the hall looking for your room you see the same guy that had captured you. He was the reason you were in this shit. He had a bandage over his nose considering you broke it. He notices you ad that same smile forms on his face. You get angry and began sprinting up to him. You hit him in the nose. Once you already broke yesterday. He takes a step back holding his nose. He looks back at you then bolts to you.

You feel as his hands wrap around your neck making you fall to the ground. As his body crushes you, you take your hands trying to force his around your neck. As you were losing your breath you realize it wasn't going to work. You stick your thumbs over his eyelids and push down as hard as you could. He soon gets from off of you and rolls to his side and holds his eyes. You stand to your feet and look at him.

Y/n: Fucking pathetic.

You stomp his side as hard as you could considering all you had were socks on. You look up to the nearest camera to see the red light blinking. He was watching. He was watching you get chocked and he did nothing. He truly didn't care. You walk back to your room feeling neck. It felt as if his hands were still there. Still choking you. You had finally reached it to your room a collapsed onto the bed. As you get under the covers you begin to break down. It was only your second day and it turned out worse than yesterday.

But you dug your hole and now it was time to lay in it...

Word Count: 1093