Chapter Twenty-One

I'm confused to find Vic waiting for me as I leave my class. He's leaning against the wall, his cane surprisingly in his hand. He's also dressed in a nice short-sleeved white button-up and some nice black jeans. He looks hot.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask, placing my hand on his shoulder to let him know where I am.

"Thought I'd come pick you up." he chirps. "And I have a little surprise."

"Surprise?" I grin.

"Yeah, I can't explain or it won't be a surprise. You ready to go?" he asks.

"Yep." I chirp.

I follow him as he starts leading me down the hall. He seems to walk more confidently than usual with his cane. I'm glad he's using it.

"How's that hangover, babe?" he asks sweetly.

"Getting better." I assure him.

"You know last night you told me you only had two drinks?" he chuckles.

"I did?" I frown.

"Yeah, right before you..." he trails off. "You know."

I blush. Right before I blew him.

That's the last time I drink that much.

"I'm sorry." I apologise, feeling bad for lying to him.

"It's okay." he pauses, as if he were in thought. He slowly brings his free hand up to the back of his neck and scatches it. "Now that you're not so intoxicated, you don't, um, regret doing that or anything?"

He looks genuinely worried.

I consider his question. When I woke up this morning with a caning headache and remembered I drunkenly gave my boyfriend head, I wasn't thrilled about it. But not for any other reason than I wish I had done it sober.

I don't know what it is about Vic, but I often find myself being comfortable with things I wouldn't usually.

But I think I owe a lot of last night to the clear liquid I mixed with my Fanta, because even now, I can't bring myself to hold Vic's hand.

"No I don't regret it." I smile. "But I'm sorry that your first experience was a drunken decision."

Vic laughs and shakes his head.

"You don't have to apologize. It was still good." he blushes blood red.

"Good." I grin, feeling slightly less embarrassed. At least he liked it.

"But just so you know, I wouldn't have let that happen if I knew you had drank so much. Like, I don't want you to think I would take advantage of you or anything." he assures me.

God, he's so sweet.

"I know you wouldn't, babe. So where are we going?" I ask, confused as Vic takes us outside.

"Can you see Sam yet?" Vic asks.

I'm confused by the question but as I look around, I spot Sam in a distance by the large campus pond leaning against a big oak tree.

"Yeah, what's going on?" I frown, even more lost than I already was.

"It's a surprise!" Vic exclaims. "Just go to Sam."

He grips my arm so I can lead him as I head over to Sam. 

As we approach my sister, I notice that a big picnic blanket has been sprawled under the tree. Along with it sits Vic's guitar and a small picnic basket.