Chapter Sixteen

"Babe, I really don't think you can be jet lagged from a five hour flight." I chuckle, brushing my fingers through Vic's hair as he lies in his bed.

We had just gotten back to our dorm and Vic claims to be feeling very fatigued. But I'm pretty sure he was just up late last night.

"I'm telling you I am." he whines.

"Okay, if you say so." I giggle which makes Vic smile.

"I have an appointment in half an hour. Why don't you sleep until I get back?" I suggest.

He immediately frowns.

"You're leaving?" he pouts. "I wanted to cuddle you while I slept."

"Why don't we cuddle later?" I murmur.

"Wow Kellin, no need to be so clingy." he beams jokingly.

I roll my eyes at him but obviously he doesn't see that.

"Get some sleep, okay?" I say softly.

"Okay." he murmurs.

I run my fingers through his hair again then kiss his cheek for good measure.

I stand off his bed then locate my card, before I quietly leave the room.

I'm exhausted, mentally and emotionally. Being with Vic, out of town, away from everyone and everything was so freeing.

Coming back to college feels like being smacked in the face with reality.

Lying next to Vic last night was amazing and all I could do was imagine being out and open with him when we got back. I assumed I would kiss him goodbye before every class and introduce him as my boyfriend to new people, but the second Vic and I got onto campus, I knew that wasn't going to happen.

It's like now that he's my boyfriend, officially, I don't want even want to hold his hand down the hall anymore. This huge weight of anxiety didn't leave my chest until we were behind closed doors.

I decide I'm going to go see Sammy before my session. I need a pick me up, some reassurance, someone to tell me I'm being stupid.

I make my way to her dorm and knock. It's Jordan who answers the door.

"Oh, hey buddy," he smiles then moves out of the way, revealing Sam who is sitting on her bed with her laptop in front of her.

She looks up and me and squeals, then she quickly clambers off the bed.

"You were supposed to text me when you landed!" she exclaims. "How did you get home?"

"We took an Uber." I chuckle as she throws her arms around me. "I didn't want to bother you."

"Bother me? You could never." she grins.

"I might go do some food shopping. You want anything, Sam?" Jordan interjects.

"I'm good. Thanks though." Sam smiles, pulling me towards her bed.

Jordan then leaves, closing the door behind him.

"Oh my god. Everything. Tell me everything." she gushes, sitting down.

I sit next to her, feeling myself blush furiously under the pressure of her excitement.

"It was a fun trip." I answer in almost a whisper.

"I bet it was." she grins, seemingly urging me to elaborate.

I stay silent. I wanted to talk to her about my negative feelings and thoughts but she's so excited for me, I don't want to put a damper on that.

"Come on, Kells." she grins nudging me. "Spill. How did he ask you out? When?"