Chapter Seven

As I arouse from my sleep, I notice how rested I feel. I don't know how long I slept for but it was much needed.

The sound of a drawer shutting makes me open my eyes.

I see Vic gathering a pile of clothes and a towel. I then notice that it's dark outside and hope to god I didn't miss dinner.

"What time is it?" I croak, sitting up and yawning.

"Just past eight." Vic says, quickly dropping his clothes on his bed.

I feel my heart immediately sink. I definitely missed dinner.

I watch Vic take a plastic bag from his nightstand.

"I ordered you some of that Chinese food I was talking about." he smiles. "I wasn't sure what you like so I just got you a bit of everything."

My heart swells as I lean forward and take the bag from his hands. He's so sweet.

"I'm sorry I slept through dinner." I apologize.

"Don't be sorry. You must have been really tired." Vic says. "I hope you're feeling rested now."

"I am." I sigh.

Vic just smiles and turns back to his clothes. He gathers them up again, picking each article up one by one, I assume to make sure he's not missing anything.

"I'm going to shower. I'll be back in about half an hour." he chirps.

I'm about to ask him if he needs help, but then I realize that he's completely capable of showering himself. He's being doing it since he got here. And how am I supposed to help? Undress him? Jesus Christ.

Then I'm left thinking about undressing Vic, as he leaves our dorm to go down to the communal showers.

It's not until I work myself up that I pull myself out of those thoughts. I close my eyes and take a deep breath to ease the emerging nausea.

I decide to distract myself with dinner, and then I get all bubbly as I think about how Vic bought me dinner.

I eat with happiness, feeling rested and grateful. Maybe college isn't so bad. Maybe I could get used to rooming with Vic.

After eating, I decide to get some studying done. Then after an hour, I decide my brain hurts too much to continue.

I pick up my books and place them on my nightstand. I lay back and open up my phone, but as I do that, I notice the time.

Vic has been gone for an hour and a half. He said he'd just be half an hour.

At first I'm worried, but remind myself that Vic is an independent person and can look after himself. He probably had something to do. Maybe he's really enjoying his shower.

Another half an hour goes by and my worry returns.

Maybe it wouldn't hurt to just go check on him.

I stuff my phone in my pocket, as well as my keycard before I leave our dormroom.

I check the halls for him but out of all the people I pass, not one of them is Vic.

I finally get to the communal bathroom and as soon as I open the door, I'm met with a cloud of steam.

I can hear a shower running and when my eyes adjust to the haze, I can see that only one cubicle is occupied.

"Vic?" I ask hopefully.

"K-Kellin?" Vic sniffs, his voice wobbling a little.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I coo, immediately worried.