Part 46: Superstar

A/N: This is a really short update but I s2g there is some plot development, so this chapter isn't as pointless as you might think :)

Sorry for not updating yesterday, but I promise the next part is coming tomorrow :)

Maddie :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor 

            “Congrats babe!” Karlie exclaimed. She threw her arms around my neck and I could feel the size of her grin as she rested her face on my shoulder. It had been two days since the release of ‘1989’ and I received an email with the sales data from the opening day; over six-hundred thousand copies of the album had been sold, which already made it one of the highest sellers of the year. I was always optimistic when it came to album sales, but I didn’t expect the amount of success the record was getting already.

“Thank you, Karls,” I replied softly. She pulled away from my embrace and brushed her hands across my shoulders. “It really means a lot to me.” I added.

“I just want you to know that I’m proud of you.” She said. “You put so much effort into this album, and it deserves every bit of praise it receives.” Karlie mentioned as she pressed her lips to my forehead. I couldn’t hide the blush that rose in my cheeks by the tender gesture, and my corners of my mouth turned up in a careful smile.

            Although Karlie and I were back together it still didn’t feel real. The last five days with her brought me back to the summer when everything between us was simple and perfect—Before I screwed it up. I was surprised when she took me back as quickly as she had; but I was grateful for it, of course. Everything was going great for us, but guilt gradually made its way into the back of my mind. When the rush of being in Karlie’s arms again ended, I couldn’t keep my thoughts off of the incident with Harry. Nearly every time I looked at Karlie I reminisced the sound of her breaking voice over the phone when she was in Colorado, or the look on her face when I showed up at her parents’ front door. It made me wonder what she thought of me whenever her eyes moved my way, but a part of me didn’t want to know the answer to that.

“Taylor? Are you even listening to me?” Karlie asked as she pursed her lips together. She furrowed her brows and her annoyed tone was what pulled me from my worrisome thoughts.

“Of course I am.” I lied. Karlie didn’t buy it and she folded her long, thin arms across her body.

“Really? Then why didn’t you reply when I told you that I loved you a second ago?” She persisted. Her barefoot tapped against the ceramic tile floor and she raised an eyebrow at me, a sly smirk resting on her face.

“You know that I love you—You don’t need me to validate it.” I joked in an attempt to lighten the mood. Then, I lifted my hand and twirled a strand of her dirty blonde hair through my fingers as I flashed my eyes at her.

“You’re right. Hearing you say it just fuels my ego.” She quipped as she shrugged her shoulders innocently.

“I do love you though!” I chimed through a short fit of giggles. I placed a light kiss on her cheek before starting to make my way to the kitchen. Karlie followed behind me and she pulled out one of the dining room chairs before taking a seat on it. I moved for the fridge and began to scan its contents mindlessly, not looking for anything in particular.

“I’m leaving for Japan in three days, you know that right?” I reminded her as I looked over my shoulder. My management thought that it would be a great promo opportunity to visit some of the popular talk shows there, but I didn’t want to go. Karlie and I had just reconnected and I wanted to spend as much time with her as possible, but I knew that she was going back to work and that she wouldn’t be able to come with me.

“I know,” She said as she rolled her eyes. “You told me twice on Monday, once yesterday, and now you’re telling me again today. And before you ask, no, I can’t come with you-- I have three shows scheduled this week.” She explained.

“It was worth a shot," I teased, throwing my arms up in defeat. "Are you excited to go back to work though?” I questioned. I pulled a bottle of orange juice out of the fridge, and reached into the cupboard to grab two glasses.

“So excited,” Karlie gushed. “That was literally the longest two months of my life, it felt like a part of me was missing.” She admitted lowly.

“Me too,” I said without a thought. “Well, you know what I mean.” I stammered as I turned to face Karlie. Her eyes softened and she nodded her head slowly in agreement.

“I do,” She whispered. Karlie stood up and walked over to me, placing her hands on my hips. My eyes fell to where she held my waist and I let my arms wrap around her neck. “But we’re past that now, aren’t we?” She asked. Placing her thumb and forefinger on my chin, Karlie delicately tilted my head upwards to meet her gaze.

“Yes, we are.” I murmured quietly. Our lips met gently, and I pulled her closer to me as we deepened the kiss.

--------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!! <3