Part 26: Nobody Knows You Baby, The Way I Do

A/N: Okay guys so unfortunately I didn't have time to edit this (I'm literally about to leave to go watch Mockingjay hahaha) but I wanted to post this for you guys so that you can all read it! This chapter is hella long (6 pages on microsoft word) but I hope you enjoy it!! and I can't believe that this story has almost 10K reads! thank you so much!! I love you all! Thank you thank you thank you!!

Maddie!!! :) 

----------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

            I walked through the door behind Taylor as she rushed through the front hallway. Her dad was sitting on the couch watching TV, and he stood up to welcome us.

“Hi honey!” I heard a high-pitched voice shout from around the corner. Then, Andrea Swift walked out from what I assumed was the kitchen.

“Hi mom, hi dad!” Taylor exclaimed, throwing her arms around them. I stood in the living room with an awkward smile, waiting for Taylor to introduce me. She pulled away from her parents embrace and held her hand out to me.

“And this is Karlie!” She said, looking at me softly.

“Hi! Its so nice to meet you Mrs. Swift!” I gushed as I reached out to shake her mom’s hand. Andrea gently pushed my hand to the side and pulled me in for a hug. I must have had a surprised look on my face, because Taylor was laughing at me when I looked over her mom’s shoulder.

“Please, call me Andrea!” She said, shaking her head. “It’s so nice to meet you too! I’ve heard so many wonderful things!”

“Likewise about the two of you!” I cooed, smiling at Andrea.

“Hey Karlie, I’m Scott,” Her father said coolly, shaking my hand. “Its so great to welcome you into the family, hopefully you’ll be here longer than the other ones!” He chortled. I let out an uneasy laugh, I wasn’t sure if he was joking.

“Scott! Cut that out!” Andrea scolded, slapping him on the shoulder. “I’m sorry honey, my husband thinks that he’s funny.” She said, giving me a reassuring look.

“Yeah, usually when he tries to make a joke it comes out wrong.” Taylor explained as she walked over to me.

“It’s not a big deal,” I assured. “If you’re not tough on me, are you really doing your job as a dad?” I asked Scott, letting out a small chuckle.

“Exactly! Someone finally gets it!” He exclaimed, raising his hand for a high five. I hit my hand against his and we all shared a laugh.

“What’s all the commotion out here?” I heard an unfamiliar voice call from the hallway. Suddenly, Taylor ran to the kitchen with her arms out, shouting,

“Austin! Hey bro, how are you?” She hugged him and he walked out into the living room where Scott, Andrea and I were standing.

“I’m great! And who’s this?” Austin questioned, nodding his head towards me.

“You know who she is!” Taylor gibed. “This is my girlfriend, Karlie.”

“Hey! It’s great to finally meet you!” I beamed, extending my hand out to him. His shook it firmly and smiled back at me.

“Yeah, right back at you! I’m looking forward to getting to know you.” He said.

“So, how’s the barbecue going?” Taylor chimed in.

“I just started grilling the steaks, but you can take over if you want Taylor,” Scott said. “The games about to start, and I don’t want to miss it!” He sat down the couch and started to flip through the channels.