Part 32: All You Had To Do Was Stay

A/N: Here's part 32 guys!!! Hopefully you enjoy it, and thank you so much for reading! I'm pretty sure I'll be posting part 33 later tonight, I'm on a roll hahaha

Maddie :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor

* Flashback *

“Harry, that movie was great!” I said excitedly as I pushed open my front door. “I loved the book, but The Hobbit is way more intense as a movie.” I concluded. It was around 11 o’clock on a Friday in late January, and Harry and I had just gone to the movies. The last four months that I’ve spent with him were going so well, even with all of the media attention received. When we were together, it was as if none of it mattered; we were off in our own version of heaven, getting lost in each other’s presence. My family and his family had warned us about moving too quickly, but we both knew what we wanted, and we were in love. It sounded like such a cliché, but I had never felt this strongly about anyone else before, and Harry had admitted the same to me too.

“Yeah, it was pretty good.” His deep voice replied flatly as he sat down on my couch. He swept his hair back in one swift movement, and his dark brows were furrowed in a deep thought. Harry propped his head on his hands and his gaze was fixed in a blank stare; I could tell that he hadn’t heard a word I said.

“Harry? Were you even listening to me?” I asked quietly as I joined him on the couch. “What are you thinking about?” I persisted, placing my hand over top of his. I felt a small weight start to grow in my chest, and my heart began to beat little harder; something didn’t feel right.

“I don’t know, Taylor,” He mumbled, turning to face me. “Things have gotten pretty serious between the two of us lately.” He stumbled lowly over the words, as if he didn’t know what to say.

“I know, but we both said that we were okay with it.” I mentioned. His green eyes glanced to the floor, and he started to chew his bottom lip.

“Well, I just don’t know if I’m ready for all of it. I don’t know if I can do this anymore.” Harry said just above a whisper. His face showed no emotion, and he fiddled with the silver ring on his finger while staring down at his feet. A lump rose in my throat, and I slowly backed off the couch. I could feel the back of my eyes start to burn, and I clenched my fists tightly.

“What do you mean?” I asked aimlessly. “I thought you wanted this—that we wanted this.” I tried not to let the desperation show in my voice, but it still managed to slip out.

“It’s just too much for me, Taylor.” He said. Harry reached across to my other couch and picked up his jacket, throwing it on.

“That’s bullshit Harry, and you know it.” I accused, pointing my finger at him. The tears had begun to well up my eyes, but I didn’t allow my voice to break. “If you’re going to dump me, at least tell me the truth.” I breathed angrily. He inched closer to me and held out his arm, but I turned away.

“Honestly Taylor, I really just don’t think that it’s working out.” He said. “I would stay if I still wanted it, but I don’t think I do anymore.” His words cut through me like a knife, and I felt the tears start to fall. My heart sank into my feet, and I could feel the walls crashing around me.

“Shut up,” I growled. “If you loved me at all, even for a second, you would tell me the truth.” I said. Harry turned to grab his keys then slowly headed towards the door.