III. Snow Falls

Start bij het begin

I kicked my legs up and down as I said, "But what if we're right? We know who they are. Now they need to know."

"And how do you two intend to make that happen?"

"By reminding him," Henry replied. "We have to get her to read their story to John Doe. Then, maybe, he'll remember who he is."

"Okay."

"Okay?" Henry and I repeated.

"Yeah, we'll do it. But we'll do it my way. Let me ask her."

Third Person POV:

Mary Margaret made cocoa for herself and Emma as they sat and talked.

"You want me to read to a coma patient?" Mary Margaret questioned.

"Henry and Aubree think it will help him remember who he was," Emma explained.

"And, who do they think he was?"

"Prince Charming."

"And if I'm Snow White, they think me... and him..."

"They have very active imaginations, which is the point. I can't talk them out of their beliefs, so we need to show them. Play along, do what they say and maybe, just maybe."

"They'll see that fairy tales are just that. That there's no such thing as love at first sight or first kiss. They'll see reality."

"Something like that."

"Well, sadly, this plan is rather genius. We get them to the truth without hurting them."

"I told them that we will all meet tomorrow for breakfast at Granny's. And you will give a full report."

"Well, I suppose I'll get ready for my date. I guess I'll have to do all the talking."

Mary Margaret made her way to the hospital and sat with John Doe in his room. She had Henry and Aubree's book.

"Look, I know this is odd, but I'm doing it for a friend. So please, just bear with me."

Mary Margaret began reading to John Doe. She read the story about Snow White and Prince Charming. Towards the end of the story, John Doe reached out and grabbed her hand.

Mary Margaret looked down at her hand and ran to get the doctor.

Dr. Whale and Mary Margaret walked back into John Doe's room as Mary Margaret said, "No, I'm sure he's waking up. He... He grabbed my hand."

"Everything's steady," Dr. Whale replied. "The same as it's always bee. What were you doing in here?"

"Oh, I was just reading h-him a story."

"Oh. Well perhaps you, um, dozed off. Perhaps you imagined it."

"No, I didn't imagine anything."

"Miss Blanchard, I can only tell you what I see, which is nothing. Sometimes there are minor fluctuations in readings. Perhaps you heard the machine register something and misunderstood? Look, why don't you go home, get some rest. If anything changes, I'll call you, okay?"

Mary Margaret left and Dr. Whale called someone.

"Yes?" Regina asked.

"It's Dr. Whale. You told me to call you if there was ever a change in John Doe. Something's happened."

"What?"

"One of our volunteers said he grabbed her. And there was a slight fluctuation in brain activity."