So, for her to come and do this, I appreciated it. It was more than I thought I was going to get.

"We're not on speaking terms, right now." She said, staring at the bottle she still was keeping from me. She took a swing and made a face when she swallowed. Maggie coughed, hard. "Fuck, definitely not Smirnoff."

I snorted, knowing what she meant. It was strong and hard to swallow but you got used to it.

"I thought you guys were good?" I pushed her. Talking about her was better than talking about me because I wasn't stupid and I knew there was a subject that was hanging in the air over us and I didn't want to bring it down.

"We were but then—" She sighed, swallowing hard. "I've never been in love. Never. I've had crushes and I've had... things but I've never been in love. Until now. And I don't like it because as it turns out, I'm not big on sharing. Which is funny because the one that proposed for the three of us to be together was me."

"Lottie or Danny?" I asked her.

"Have a wild guess..." She squinted her eyes at me, a hint of a smirk on her lips.

I stared at her for a second, a second too long until I see it. I throw my head back, laughing at the irony of the situation.

Had it been Danny, she wouldn't have had a problem saying it. But Because it was Lottie, it was funny. Funny because when all of this started, they couldn't stand each other. Even before Maddison, it was well known they hated each other. Until we started getting close and they got closer faster than any of us did.

"Yes, that was my reaction when I realised too." She said, sighing as if she was tired as if she had spent too long thinking about it, too long hiding it.

"She doesn't know?"

"She thinks I want to be with Danny and only Danny." Maggie prepared herself and took another swing, this time she doesn't cough. "I wouldn't mind it because I like Danny but... I just want Lottie."

Surprisingly, the rest of the afternoon went by just the same. She didn't bring up Asha and I was glad she didn't and when she left, I went back to drinking.

The next day, I slept through my alarm and when I woke up, I couldn't be bothered to go to class.

Three days until it was over, I didn't really have to attend.

I went back to my routine. I didn't want to think. I just wanted to drink and not feel.

Around 1 pm, though, the reason behind all my 'wallowing in pain' came knocking on my door and because I was expecting it to be the delivery guy, I opened the door.

I almost dropped the bottle when I saw her.

I hated the fact that even when I was angry at her, my heart couldn't stay still at the sight of her. I couldn't stand the fact that whenever I looked into her sun-coloured eyes, I practically lost myself and I forgot to speak, to breathe, to think.

I think I really did love her.

But then I saw her and Maddison, walking in holding hands and all I could feel was anger and she could tell because she looked away from me, shame and something else that I couldn't quite catch.

"What're you doing here?" I asked her, tapping my fingers against my door.

"You shouldn't be drinking this early," She said, gulping down as she tried to reach for my bottle but I moved away.

"Go take care of your little girlfriend and leave me alone."

She flinched at my words, pain flashed before her eyes and I wish I could say that I liked hurting her but I didn't, it only made me feel worse.