(8)

Y/n tapped her foot impatiently, it was nearly time to leave and at this rate they would be late. Where was Rodney?

Just as she was about to head outside to search, she heard the front door fling open to reveal Fender and Rodney in ridiculous looking costumes.

However Rodney's reaction was the polar opposite, his metal jaw dropping at her sight. He admired her face, one of suppressed giggles. Y/n seeing his awestruck and lost look, made her flustered herself. Fender wiggled his brows at the two, getting quite a show from both sides. Only if he had popcorn.

"You look very handsome." She complimented, making him cough awkwardly as she grabbed his hand.

"W-well you look very.. very beautiful." Her gaze formed into an appreciable smile. She started to drag him out the door.

"What are we waiting for?! Let's go!!" She tugged at him like an impatient child heading to a Ferris wheel. He obliged and followed, Fender behind with a smug look plastered on his metal features.

Wonderbot waited by the vehicle as the group arrived and entered. Y/n took a worried look at the cozy home while bitting her metal finger tips, catching Rodney's attention.

"What's wrong?"

"I haven't seen Zinc anywhere.."

"He'll be okay." He grabbed her hand comfortingly, in return earning a small smile from her. Her composure turned super hyper and excited.

The ride was smooth despite Fenders third wheeling. Whatever, he's a good third wheel. They all arrived to the grand building. Fender jumped out and exclaimed,

"WHOA! That's the most shine I've seen since Aunt Fanny's grease!!"

Y/n slowly stepped towards the nostalgic entrance, memories flooding her rapidly. She didn't realise she was crying until Rodney wiped a tear away from her delicate cheeks. He grabbed her hand tightly.

"You ready?" She squeezed his back.

"Absolutely."

"Uh, can I help you?"

"Yes you can Tim, these are my friends." Y/n pointed at the two and his mouth dropped slightly.

"This is count von broken zipper! Formally, count Velcro." Fender bowed before the tiny tin man and introduced Rodney, who was upright and cocky for this role he was suddenly given. His accent made
Y/n snort.

"Uh- I-"

"Where are the trumpets?"

"Uh-"

"We were promised trumpets to announce the counts arrival!" He turned apologetically towards Rodney and bowed.

"Sorry your grace, beat me till your happy." Rodney swiftly smacked the red bot, stunning both Tim and Y/n at the sudden action.

"He's happy, and im not feeling to bad myself!"

"Okay wait uh- your not in the list." He searched through his tiny notebook.

"We are WHAT? Once again." Another quick smack.

"Fine! We will GO. YOU will explain to your superiors why we weren't able to attend your little alula, barn dance whatever it is." He spun around along with Rodney.

"We are leaving! In a HUFF!" Tim quickly hung over the edge after them.

"No no please! Go right on in, in fact, would the count like to hit me?"

"The count hit you? The arrogance of some people.
I, will hit you on his behalf." Back handing the tin puppet off his stand without even looking, tim let out a groggy 'thank you, your grace...'

The party was just as Y/n remembered, at least what she did remember. It's been a long time since she's been to one of these things. She'd have been enjoying herself had it not been for the fact she was so close to finding dad.

Rodney could sense her impatience, leading her through the crowd and all. They had already lost Fender after nearly giving them. He had a very,, creative birdcall.

That didn't matter now, Y/n was too distracted with the possibility of seeing dad again. And then to the front of the crowd both ended up. The speaker was.. familiar?

Her excitement faded within a blink, noticing the announcer was none other than Ratchet himself. His menacing grin and his slick suit sent her into a very unwelcoming memory flood. Her ears rang and her vision blurred from the panic, yet she was able to catch but one thing he said.

"Unfortunately Bigweld was not able to attend."
"What..?!" Rodney gasped, staring at in disbelief, unaware of Y/n's horror.

"He sends his apologies in a small box of assorted cookies." He lifted a tiny bag, supposedly the cookies.

"R-Rodney." Y/n grasped his shoulder and shook it.

"We have to leave. That's him, that's him." His shock turned to worried confusion, facing Y/n's petrified features.

"He's the one who made me run away."