(5) Daddy Issues

Y/n pounded her legs as she skated, seemingly trying to add running to the mix. Her only home was fading from her faster and faster, as she had to escape it now. Whoever her dad was holding off she knew she couldn't trust. Therefore once she ran and never looked back,

she realised she'd never be able to trust anyone again.

Y/n jerked her head up from her resting spot in a panic, a troubled gasp escaping her cold lips as she realized it was only a horrid dream. She let a shaky sob release from her as she buried her head into her arms, rocking back and forth in an attempt to comfort herself.

She looked up at the moonlight pouring in and resting itself onto her fragile figure. She sighed in relief it was only a nightmare (although still traumatizing) and tiptoed over to the window. Her eyes fixed themselves onto everything they could get distracted by to get her mind off of things. Could she trust her new 'friends'?

A few minutes passed although it seemed like forever, when she heard something from behind shuffle towards her. She jumped and held her breath in fear.

"You alright?" She turned her tear stained face towards a concerned metal one standing a few feet from her. A blue metal face to be exact. She paused for a moment to think.

"I.."

"I'll be fine." She whispered, laying her heavy head back into the window, staring at the never ending city of sparkling lights. Rodney walked over and gave her a gentle gaze while putting his cold hand onto her metal shoulder. As scared as she was of the group still, she yearned for touch, something she had been starved of for years.

"Wanna talk about it?" He whispered oh so softly, patience clear in his tone. He made no rush of her momentary silence, which she was grateful yet suspicious of.

"I.. I just miss my dad..." she muttered, letting a streak of oil make itself clear on her cheek. Rodney gave an understanding chuckle.

"Homesick too?" He questioned, giving her a small smile in agreement. Did he really not know by now? He seemed convincing enough..

"I wish. No, he's been missing." Rodney's grin quickly fell into a surprised frown. He quickly pulled her into a tight hug, something she was not expecting but soon melted into.

"I'm so sorry... after we find Bigweld, I promise we'll look for him, okay?"

"You don't understand.. Bigweld's my dad. I'm the Y/n that disappeared all of those years ago." Rodney somehow hid his shocked face while hugging her, fanboying would not be the best choice right now. So that's why she looked so familiar.

"Well I promise to find him, and to tell him you're okay. I promise I'll reunite you two." Y/n sniffed, happy someone offered help. He led her to the couch and wished her goodnight before starting to walk off.

"Wait." She grabbed his hand like a needy child, he  hummed in response. She was beginning to trust him.

"Could you.. stay with me? I don't wanna be alone right now.." Rodney sat down by the couch near her head, nodding. She was starting to feel rather safe around him.

"Sure." She sighed heavily in relief she wouldn't be by herself. Soon enough the two fell asleep, Rodney up against the couch and Y/n laying on it.

"Thank you."

In the morning Y/n woke up to see her blue friend had disappeared from his resting place. 'Fair enough,' she thought, he probably went back to his room. Then she noticed the time, 9:53 am. She must have overslept..

Even so she sat in silence for awhile, not a peep coming from the Rusties. 'Where where they?' She rested her head in a hand and tapped her leg impatiently. She didn't like being alone, or the silence.

Just as she was about to fall asleep again, the door slammed open, snapping Y/n back awake. Fast metal clanks flooded her ears as they emerged right beside her, making her nerves stand on edge.

"Y/N! A bunch of bots are outside and I'm gonna help repair them so need to hide you for a bit ok?" Rodney quickly explained, grabbing her wrist and kinda dragging her to a wall before she could even answer.

He quickly pulled a level, which slid the wall back and under to show a pink girlish room. How had she not seen this? Either way she was rushed into the room with a quick bye and immediately shut in.

...Now what?

She sat on the bed and gave out a big groan of boredom. Oh how she missed her TV and VHS tapes. She read a few magazines Piper had, although that wasn't really Y/n's thing. Too much, boy. Not much was able to entertain her in the cramped space, bur she let her mind play the tapes best she could.

Finally after hours of waiting, Y/n felt the room move up and reveal Rodney by the lever again, obviously tried. She simply let her head hang and muttered 'oh thank god' as she lifted herself off the bed and hurried out.

"One more magazine on the 'Top built boy bots.' And I would have LOST IT." She exclaimed, getting a chuckle out of Rodney and a huge cackle out of Fender, who was chilling at the table with an annoyed Piper.

"If you don't mind I wanted to ask a few questions." Y/n's blue friend requested as they both sat on the couch. She was unsure what he was gonna question, but he looked like he was ready to burst with them and was dying to find out, so she nodded. He faced the ground, searching his empty head for which one he wanted to ask first.

"I somewhat studied humans in highschool, so I wanted to make sure I was right." He took a deep breath.

"Do humans have tubes in them that lead to multiple working squishy mechanics? I think they were called oaragons? Orgons?"

"I think they're called organs. That's what dad used to tell me anyway. He knows a lot more than I do about humans, but as far as I'm aware I barely have any of those."

"Wow, that leads to my next question, what's Bigweld like?" Y/n gave him a solemn gaze and let her eyes rest onto her fiddling hands.

"Well he's.. the greatest robot I know. He taught me that l can shine without being made of metal. It's how he came up with his slogan funnily enough." Rodney glanced at her hands, seeing a tear or two on them. He grabbed them and gave them a comforting squeeze, earning a smile from Y/n in the process.

"Just one more thing." He mentioned, grabbing a measuring tape from out his arm.