(7) Robot Makeup

The group had been taking a break from the bots, all of them were exhausted after nearly a month of nothing but repairing them. Rodney hunched over and let a hot cup of grease flow down his aching back, relieving it near immediately. Y/n groaned from the floor.

"Is there anyone else out there?" Rodney turned to Fender laying fully on the couch.

"Let me look." He sat up groggily, stepped over Y/n on the floor and looked out the window. He let out a silent yet deep gasp, grabbing his chest. Hundreds of bots where in line.

"A few.." He whispered, Rodney now coming over to look as well.

"A FEW?!" He exclaimed at Fender's remark in pure shock.

"There has to be at least a hundred out there." Y/n stated breathlessly. How were there so many?!

"What did you guys expect?" Piper started as she walked over to the bewildered group.

"Bigweld and Y/n was gone! Sweepers were on the loose when Y/n came and inspired them with her words! And then came COPPERBOTTOM!" She squealed slightly at herself with dramatic posing, cupping her hands and sighing dreamily.

"I'm getting all staticky just thinking about it." Rodney leaned his arm onto the windowsill with panic in his blue eyes.

"I can't fix them! These robots need parts!"

"Mail call! MAIL CALL!" A robot in the form of a mailbox yelled out to the group.

"Copperbottom!" He reached into his 'mouth' and pulled out a folded letter.

"This ones from your mom!" Fender rushed over as soon as Rodney grabbed his letter, excitement in his eyes as he smiled widely.

"Is there anything for me?" The mailbox piped up.

"OOH! I got something for ya!" He reached in his mouth again and swiftly whacked Fender as he leaned over to see. His head spun wildly.

"THAT'S from my SISTER." He harshly remarked, walking off and leaving the red bot in a daze.

"I recognize the handwriting." Y/n snorted at his comment. That faded once she heard Piper say,

"Is there something wrong?" She turned to see Rodney had a grief stricken expression. Fender took the letter.

"I'll say. His father has one foot in the dump, and if they can't find new parts," he looked up at them solemnly.

"..he's only got a few miles left." Y/n gasped at this and went to grab his hand, Zinc flying onto her shoulder.

"Rodney, are you really worried about your dad?" Piper asked. Aunt Fanny added,

"Do you wanna go home?"

"Well if I go home I still can't help him. We're out of parts!" He explained sadly.

"We GOTTA get to Bigweld, he's the only one that can fix this!" He claimed, a flare of determination in his eyes replacing his tears. Suddenly wonderbot started making shapes and noise.

"What's wrong bud?" Y/n questioned him. He made a shape of an O.

"Bigweld.." He bent into an arrow.

"Is going?" He started dancing.

"DANCING!" He chirped in approval and pulled out a poster for her father's big dance tonight.

"Oh course! The Bigweld Ball! You can't have a Bigweld Ball without Bigweld!" Aunt Fanny exclaimed.

"Well thats it then! I'm going to the Bigweld ball." Rodney stated, squeezing Y/n's hand. She smiled at him in glee and slightly jumped up and down.

"That's the fanciest party of the year, you'll never make it past the gate!" Crank added. Clearly optimistic.

"I better get ready then, we'll be leaving shortly!" Rodney announced. The other rusties went to their rooms.

"I can't wait!" Y/n

"What? Y/n I.. I don't know if you should go or not." Her smile dropped with his voice.

"I just.. I don't want you getting hurt or caught, you told me yourself some people are out to get you, right?"

"Rodney." She grabbed his wrist, tears threatening to fall.

"I'm going with you. You've done a lot for me, let me do the same for you, I can help find him and the sooner we do, the sooner we can help your dad." Rodney paused, thinking for a moment.

"Ok, you can come. Just please be careful, I don't want you to get hurt." She barely head him over her own racing thoughts.

"I'm gonna see my dad again! IM GONNA SEE MY DAD AGAIN!" Y/n squealed with joy as her bird chirped in approval. She tackled Rodney onto the couch, making him grunt.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU!!" She cried out. It took a hot second before both realised what she had just did. She frantically apologized as both of them started to heat up rapidly.

"THATS A KEEPER!" Fender called out from a corner with a devilish smile, holding an old camera.

"FENDER!!!" The two yelled as he laughed sinisterly.

"Relax lovebirds, the camera has no film. Now go get dressed, we have a BALL TO GO TOO!~" He sang, leaping out of their flustered sight.

Snickering, he shook the photo that spit out the camera. A keeper indeed.

"So... was that how humans show affection?" Rodney chuckled, rubbing his neck.

"Oh god I am so sorry." She covered her face in embarrassment.

"Hey, it's understandable. You're gonna see your dad again, it's exciting!" He rested a hand on her shoulder, gently rubbing it. Y/n sweetly gazed at him and grabbed his hand.

Suddenly the rooms where being lifted again, and Pipers room revealed itself.

"I HEARD SOMEBODY IS GOING TO THE BALL!!" She hopped out excitedly, grabbing Y/n's and dragging her into her room. She gave Rodney a look of plea but he just snickered and waved. The room rotated once again.

"Sit." Y/n sat on the stool as Piper grabbed a bunch of supplies. She had to admit that this side of her was fierce,

And that was scary.

"Ok... hmm, with that color and shade..OH! I know!!" Piper squealed as she picked a few unfortunate things out the messy pile of what seemed to be girl essentials.

After adding some Robo Balm, a red tinted gloss wax, and air sprayed (f/c) eye shadow on, she moved onto the hair. She somehow wrapped a metal band around it to make a bun, and she added a cute little metal flower onto it too. Piper then went for the main bit and that was the outfit.

"I don't have an awful lot, but I do have a dress from a dance awhile back.." She rummaged underneath her desk and lifted out a pretty decent metal dress. It's skirt was mostly jointed, so it could be easy to move it, the top was cropped of the sleeves and went over the chest nicely.

Piper helped Y/n put it on and both were kinda surprised. It fit pretty well, and looked good! Piper squealed even louder this time, nearly rupturing poor Y/n's ears.

"Now get out there and woo your man!!" She shoved Y/n out of her room hastily and immediately shut the room away. Y/n stood awkwardly in the living room.

Now to wait.