(6) A New World

After a lot of measurements, and scribbling on a piece of paper, Rodney gave her a goodnight and let her sleep, escaping this place for another night. No nightmares for once, a great victory for her.

So you can imagine her shock when she woke up to see Fender leaning over her excitedly. She screamed and yanked her head up in a panic, banging their heads together, and causing a yell of pain erupt from both of them.

"Geez kid, didn't think I was that scary, or hardheaded.." She rubbed at her sore temple, glaring at Fender for an explanation. He seemed to understand for he cleared his throat and continued.

"Rodney has a little surprise for you!~" he stated in a silly voice. She turned to where he was pointing like a child to see Rodney with a big cardboard box in his hands. Y/n stumbled over to him, suspicious at the sudden gesture. She took the box and set it down to open, nearly crying out in shock.

Inside was parts she could slip on her human half, the same color as her metal. She stared at Rodney and back at the box.

"What are you waiting for? Try them on!" He urged, anxious if he needed to make adjustments or not. She immediately pulled out the parts and slipped them on her arm, leg, chest, and face. In the bottom was a mirror that she lifted out and used to examine her new look.

She was awestruck at how well it blended with her robot side, you could barley tell it was fake. No words came out of her mouth, but her heart was hurting from being so full. Before Rodney could say a word, she leaped up and hugged him tightly. Slightly shocked, he eased his tense joints and hugged back.

He glared at Fender, who was doing a dramatic pose with his hands cupped together, and mouthing 'aw' at him.

"Thank you Rodney... so much.." Y/n whispered, gripping onto him tighter. The tired robot smiled to himself, pleased with his work he only had time to do in one night. Fender cleared his throat for their attention.

"Hate to break you two love birds up, but we have LOTS OF CUSTOMERS OUTSIDE." He exclaimed, gawking at the seemingly endless line of broken bots out the window.

Rodney had to let go of his new friend and rush to the door with Fender, not wanting to keep the other rusties waiting outside. By now Aunt Fanny had to of already checked in a few bots. Before he opened the door he faced Y/n puzzled, since she was just staring out the window.

"Y/n? You coming?" She snapped out of her trance and nodded. How scary yet exciting would it be to be in a crowd of bots again? She headed outside with the group, and almost had a heart attack at the sudden cheers her blue friend got. Many eyes were staring her down and it was very unnerving.

"Quite the fanbase, huh?" Y/n questioned him jokingly, mostly to hide the fact she was HORRIFIED.

"Yeah, didn't expect there to be this many." He took a deep breath in and exhaled. He flipped his wrench out of his arm fancy like and called out in full confidence,

"WHO WANTS TO GET FIXED?!" The crowd roared with excitement and anticipation. That was their cue to get to work. Hours passed as Y/n tried her best to help, even though she wasn't good with wielding.

And it went on like that for a week or two. Y/n helped and was bringing the crowd hope that Bigweld would return someday, and gave speeches to inspire them. Unfortunately, that meant lots of questions she didn't want to answer. Rodney told them to back off if it ever got that bad though, so it was worth it.

Y/n got to know the group better, and was growing fond of them and was trusting them more everyday. She even made friends with a metal bird she found, it's wing bent and dented. Poor thing. Once Rodney helped fix its wing it wouldn't leave and stayed with them. She nicknamed him "Zinc".

A few weeks later passed and it was this night things took a very drastic turn for the worst.

Ratchet was getting a massage, him utterly lost in another world.

"I've never been so relaxed.." he muttered, letting his body go limp under the bots touch.

"Say could you give me a scratch between the shoulder blades? Aahh, that's the sp- ow! Easy tiger!" The scratching only intensified.

"Hey take it easy!" He warned. Finally he had enough and sat up and turned.

"Hey what are you trynna do kill me-" he let out a shrill scream and yanked his body away seeing his mom instead of his misuse.

"Relax, it's me, your mother." She lifted his chin and dropped it hastily.

"HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?!"

"I came up the airshaft I know you don't like anybody to see me!" Ratchet faced an awkwardly placed hole in his new wall.

"Well what do you want?!" He whined, getting up from the bed.

"Someone's fixing them."

"What?" She sharply turned to him.

"SOMEBODY'S REPAIRING OUTMODES, AND THEY ARE LAUGHING AT YOU!"

"WHO?!" He cried out.

"And are you sure they're not laughing with me?" He needed reassurance.

"...yes." His mother replied in annoyance.

"Oh so what if a crazy fanatic repairs a few outmodes, who cares?" He shrugged it off as his mother grabbed his tie.

"Oh that's not all boy. I found Y/n." He gave her a shocked look.

"Wh-How?!" He remarked, sure he had gotten rid of her.

"It doesn't matter how, what matters is she's HELPING WHOEVER'S FIXING THOSE RUST BUCKETS OF A BOT!! Today it's one, what about tomorrow when everybody gets the idea this is okay?", She spat at him.

"We can fix ourselves! We don't need upgrades! Y/n is back! We want Bigweld!" She mocked with a fake smile.

"THEN WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU?!"

"Calm down! We need to find out who this is and stop him along with Y/n." He stated, putting his hand on his chin.

"Not stop him, crush him, DESTROY HIM. We'll need Y/n for later." She made fists with her metal claws.

"Oh by the way, I brought you a little something for your desk." She pulled out a heart frame with 'Worlds Best Mom" engraved into it, a picture of her in it. She smiled in pride at it as Ratchet took it and gave her a weird look.