Chap 14 - Demands

Start from the beginning

My body throbbed in pain when the heat radiating off of me increased. I could work as a heater just fine now. Soon enough, Eyana came back with a humongous container containing ice chunks. Everyone was sleeping now as it was quite late. She dumped them into the water. A sigh left me at the cool sensation.

"What the fuck? The ice is melting." She shrieked in astonishment and annoyance.

"This is so bad." I groaned leaning my head back on the tub.

"Why didn't you fuck him yet?" She asked curiously earning a glare from me. She shut up noticing my sour mood.

"You can go to sleep its late. I'll be fine." I commanded and she bowed her head in submission, scurrying off quickly.

I let out a breath and sunk deeper into the water. After years of agony, the throbbing pain started to decrease and I felt less hot. This indicated that it was almost morning. I couldn't get any sleep due to the headache that started at the middle of the night probably. The chunks of ice were nothing but liquid now. My skin was pruned and I was exhausted.

I made a move to get out of the tub and winced at my sore muscles. They were stiff and hurt even with the slightest movement. I was drained. With much difficulty, I dried myself and went off to bed not bothering to put any clothes on. I may start sweating again. As I had expected it was morning now, 6:45 to be exact. I dropped on the bed and pulled the covers to cover my naked body. The satin sheets felt like heaven to sleep on. Within microseconds, I was out like a light.

"Athena, wake up." Someone lightly shook me. Groaning, I rolled on my back.

"Wake up. It's almost evening." Another shake interrupted my sleep.

"Go away." My words were muffled due to my face being stuffed into the pillow. My body felt so heavy. I could sleep for years. The shaking continued and grudgingly I turned over feeling my muscles complain at the movement.

"Ughh." I groaned peeling my eyes open to see Hayden.

"What do you want?"

"You have been sleeping the whole day. You need to eat. Get up, eat something and then you can sleep again." I glared at him as he explained himself. All I wanted was to strangle him to death.

"I have prepared a hot bath for you. It will help with the soreness. Now get up, will you? Or do I have to throw you over my shoulder now?" He joked. His eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Fuck off."

"Ok."

I sighed at the thought of being able to sleep again. But my hopes were ruined as I felt myself being lifted.

"I hate you so much." I whined placing my head on his shoulders. He chuckled and I felt the vibrations.

"Open your eyes. I don't want you drowning in the tub."

"I am tired. I want to sleep."

"I know."