xiv.

[]

[]

the four waved at everyone who was around them, max looked down at her hands that were freezing and there was ice on her finger tips. "hey. you alright?" carlos asked, she nodded smiling before the ride came to a stop and they were here. she let out a deep breath, watching the first two get put and then carlos and max next. behind them were the kids, as they walked up the stairs. queen belle, king adam was there as well as queen elsa. once they made it up, mal said "about the other day. i just-" the king cut her off, "i told ben and max this wasn't going to be easy." he said, max smiled. "you also taught me that a king and queen has to believe in themselves." ben started, looking at max who nods. "even when it isn't easy." she finished. "i did?" he asked, until belle shoved him a little making max crack another smile. "i. how very wise of me." the king said, queen belle came up the the two siblings. "we are very proud of you two. you keep listening to your hearts." she said, ben and maxine smiled. "thanks mom." ben said, belle gave a quick peck on the cheek to both of them. "you both are gonna make a fine king and queen." queen elsa said, ben smiles happily at her. maxine went in for a hug, which she took. "maybe you'll be queen of arendelle next." her mother whispered in her ear, max giggled nodding. maxine turned to carlos and max, "wish us luck." ben said, carlos and mal smiled nodding. they all went away, taking the kids, sapphire, lucas, riley and parker with them. maxine nervously wrapped her hand around ben's arm as the doors started to open.

the two started to walk slowly, though looked very nervous and hiding it with a smile. as ben and max passed everyone, the people all bowed and said "awee." maxine had no idea why but she felt her whole body grow cold, she shivered. prince hans watched in the corner hiding with a grin, as a strand of her turned white. he had a sword if this doesn't do as planned. max and ben smiled at their dates who bowed but looked like something was bothering them, ben took max's hand as she kneeled down first. and ben followed as well. fairy godmother bowed to adam, him doing the same as she took his crown. ben squeezed max's hand, which she returned. fairy godmother placed it on his head, as he smiled rather quickly and happily. fairy godmother turned to max, taking off her tiara and putting it on reese. who squealed happily, making the crowd laugh at her cuteness. fairy godmother walked to queen belle taking her crown and gently placing it on max. who smiled, as adam took off the glass cover of her wand. she carefully took it and turned to ben first. "do you, prince benjamin, solemnly swear to govern the peoples of auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" fairy godmother asked, ben smiled. "i do solemnly swear." he said. fairy godmother turned to max, "do you, princess maxine, solemnly swear to govern the peoples of auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" fairy godmother asked her, she nods. "i do solemnly swear." she said softly. fairy godmother smiled, and blessed the two with the wand. "then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king and queen." she said.

then suddenly a hand reached out and grabbed the wand, making everyone gasp in shock and fear. ben stood in front of max protecting her, as well as max who held the little girls who was trying to peak and see what was happening. maxine gasped at the person who took the wand, "child! what are you doing?" fairy godmother asked her daughter jane, "if you won't make me beautiful, i'll do it myself! bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!" jane said, spinning around as if the wand had a mind of its own. "take cover!" beast yelled, maxine quickly ran up in front of her, "max!" everyone yelled out. max was fighting with jane to get the wand, "jane let go!" max said but was somewhat a little afraid, "maxine be careful please!" ben yelled, jane wouldn't let go of it. then mal went behind jane and started fighting for it again, "careful mal!" belle yelled, max first got it but in a second. mal ripped it out of her hands making maxine fall a little onto ben, jane looked around frightened by what she did and ran off. ben shoved maxine behind him, "mal. give me the wand." ben said, walking slowly towards her with max behind him. "stand back." mal said, "it's okay mal, just give him the wand." max said, her voice cracking. then jay and evie came running in, as carlos stood behind mal. maxine looked at him with a hurtful expression, he looked anywhere but her eyes. "max. i said stand back!" mal shouts, "i told you so!" audrey complained, making mal turn to her. audrey quickly jumped back in fear. "let's go." carlos said, maxine's eyes soften. she knew they didn't wanna do this but here they are. "revenge time." jay said with an unsure voice, maxine stepped next to ben. "you really wanna do this?" she asked as her voice cracked, making the four villains turn to her and they're eyes soften. the four realized a long time ago how she was the only one who really understood them. "we have no choice, max!" mal said, "our parents." carlos starts, max shakes her head.