ii.

[❦]

[❦]

max finished her simple makeup and left her messy wavy hair down, she looked at herself in the mirror as the door slides open. "oh wow. didn't know you could pull it off, you look good ruby." ben complimented, buttoning his suit. "you ever gonna drop the name? why do you still call me that." max asked, putting her plain rings and bracelets on. "oh. you're ruby ring and necklace, and it's in your name. thought it was obvious." ben explained, pointing to her necklace. a powerful necklace that was spelled by fairy godmother's wand, her royal family were way overprotective towards max since there is always danger wanting to come at her. the necklace that keeps her from being spells, and if she wanted or needed to go back to the isle. her powers would stay, the necklace was from the queen of hearts. fairy godmother thought it was be better to spell it with protection. max chuckled, a head popped into their room. "fairy godmother said to go down now." jane said, leaving right after. ben grabbed max's hand and ran out the door.

"you're excited." max said, trying to keep up with him. max almost tripping with her small length heals on the stairs, the two both walked outside earning smiles from everyone. that's when max went mute and shut off a little, she very much hated attention but couldn't blame anyone, she chose this life. ben and max's arms linked together as they walked up to audrey and fairy godmother. "hello dears." fairy godmother smiled, ben smiled as max nods. "i'll take him." they heard, as ben was pulled away from max quickly. ben tumbled next to audrey. he watched with a single eyebrow raised as audrey eyed his sister down with a dirty look, well more like her outfit.

"why are you wearing that?" audrey asked, max looked at her. "why are you wearing a suit?" audrey asked again, max shrugged not really caring. "you know every girl here usually wears dresses maxine." audrey states, max looked at her giving her a face. "yes audrey, i am very aware." max snapped, although very low. max quickly turned her head to the enchanted forest hearing it again, ben noticed this but decided not to question it. soon the music started playing and everyone started waving flags, in the distance the black limo getting closer. ben linked both of his arms with audrey and his sister. the limo came to a stop and as the driver opens the car, the music stopped and everyone else did. one of the kids, fell out of his seat fighting over something with his friend.

max found it very interesting as she softly giggled at the two bickering. "oh! ah! ow! stop! you got everything else! why do you want whatever this is?" a high picture voice argued, max couldn't see his face clearly but she definitely thought he was cute and somehow taller than her. well, everyone's taller than max. "guys, guys, guys! we have an audience." max heard, she moved her head and got a glimpse of the four villian kids. the people separated and made way for fairy godmother, max smiled at the blue haired girl who was looking around. "just cleaning up, get up." the boy said, picking up his friend. "leave it like you found it! and by that, i mean just leave it." fairy godmother sang, the two boys threw everything back inside.

the boy with long hair walked up to the two girls smirking, "well hello foxy's. the name's jay." he said, looking to both of the girls. audrey just let out an uncomfortable and awkward laugh, as max just scrunched up her face. fairy godmother blocked his view, "welcome to auradon prep. i'm fairy godmother, headmistress." she said, jay's smile dropped and he went back. max focused on the short boy who was looking around, he was the son of cruella de vil but yet looked so innocent. she very much thought he was cute. he caught max staring, giving her a sweet smile.

max immediately looked away and popped back into the world. "that was a long time ago. and as i always say." fairy godmother starts. "don't focus on the past or you'll miss the future." max mocked quietly, earning a giggle from evie and a nudge from ben. "it's so good to finally meet you all. i'm ben." ben introduced himself, "prince ben! soon to be king!" audrey stepped in, max sighed in annoyance. "you had me at prince. my mom's a queen, which makes me a princess." evie smiled at ben, "the evil queen has no royal status here and neither do you." audrey faked a smile to evie, who's face dropped. "technically she is a princess just as much as you are. thought you pay attention in class audrey." max mocked. max looked at the four who were all staring at audrey and her, she quickly looked down not liking any of it. audrey just genuinely needs to learn when to shut up.

ben laughed awkwardly, "this is audrey." he introduced her, "princess audrey. his girlfriend. right, bennyboo?" audrey held their hands together, ben slightly smiled and turned to max putting his arm around her. "and this is maxine or madmax!" ben said jokingly, as he smiled happily, mal raised an eyebrow at this. "princess maxine! my best friend, right maxi!" audrey exclaimed, max just looked at her. "depends." she shrugs, smiling at mal who snorted. ben elbowed her side making her return a shove on his shoulder. "madmax?" mal asked interested, "yeah! everyone calls the princess madmax! because of-" audrey spoke once again, "uh no. because nothing." ben cut her off. mal raised an eyebrow at this. "ben, max, and audrey are going to show you all around, and i'll see you tomorrow. the doors of wisdom are never shut. but the library hours are from 8:00 to 11:00. and as you may have heard, i have a little thing about curfews."

fairy godmother explained before leaving. "it's max." she said, earning everyone's attention. she flushed red, "nobody really calls me maxine, it's max." she got lower by the end. "max, i like it." evie said. "wait so is ben with audrey or with max?" mal asked, laughing awkwardly. ben and max immediately look at each other before giving each other disgusted looks, "yuck." max whispered, "oh no. she's my little sister." ben smiles, "step! step sister, she used to live where you guys did!" audrey stated, the four look at audrey then to max who had an annoyed face on. "you live on the isle?" mal asked, with an actual shocked expression. "uh used to yeah." max hesitated, it was quiet for a few seconds until ben decided to shake their hands, bring audrey with him and max behind him.

ben glared at max as she giggled when jay punched his shoulder, "hi." max kind of whispered, he smiled at her nodding before moving to mal. "hey mal." max softly said, shaking her hand earning a small smile from the purple headed. she tensed up when she moved to carlos, it soon all went away. max giggled at the chocolate around his face and shook his hand. "carlos." max said, smiling at him. he turned a little red looking down, max moved to evie. "hey princess evie." max says, bowing down as a joke. evie smiled, doing it as well. "also really like the look today." evie complimented, max smiled nodding. max popped back into the conversation, "or the day that you showed four peoples where the bathrooms are." mal joked, giving a small smile to max who snorted earning a glare from ben.

[❦]