v.

[❦]

[❦]

TOURNEY FIELD,

max ran to the field watching as carlos and ben waited for her. "sorry! archery held me back!" max said, putting her stuff down and waved at carlos, who just smiled back. "archery?" carlos asked, "she does a lot of things, quite talented if you ask me." ben said, "i see that." carlos smiles, max hid her smile and looked down. "okay. carlos, we're gonna do some sprints. you ready?" ben said, as he just nods. when ben presses the timer, carlos started to panic and run way too fast. ben and max look at each other and then to carlos, "carlos?" ben asked. both eyes widen when he ran into the woods.

"carlos!" ben yelled, grabbing max's arm and pulling her with him. "ben! ben!" they heard carlos, "ben, help me! this thing is a killer! he's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. this is a vicious, rabid pack animal!" carlos whined, pointing at dude. max giggled, picking dude up softly and petting up. "who told you that?" ben asked, "my mother." he answered, "cruella?" ben asked, "she's a dog expert. a dog yellerer. max! why are you holding him? he's gonna attack you! put him down!" carlos overreacts, hugging the tree tighter. "carlos, you've never actually met a dog, have you?" ben asked, max smiled at the frightened boy who happened to make it look cute. "of course not." he says, "dude, meet carlos. carlos, this is dude. he's the campus mutt." ben introduced, carlos calmed down and slowly got down from the tree.

carlos came closer to max, making her tense up and a little red showing on her face. ben smirked at her only to get a glare from her, "he doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal. jeez. you're a good boy, aren't you? you're a good boy." carlos says, max leaned more closer and the two made strong eye contact. carlos admired her eyes and how bright they were, it stopped when she looked down smiling and gave dude to carlos. "yeah uh okay listen. i'll give you guys some space, come find me when you're done." ben states and started walking away. max followed behind him, ben turned around stopping her. grabbing her shoulders and turning her around, "you. stay." ben said, pushing her in front of carlos.

carlos looked up at her with a small smile. max smiled back, she sat next to carlos on the branch. "sorry i reacted like that, it's just different." carlos nervously laughs, max nods. "i know how it feels like." max softly said, carlos admired her gentle voice. "so, powers?" carlos smirked at her, she laughed quietly. "can you show me?" carlos asked, his voice getting lower. max nodded slowly. she flicked her hand in a circler motion and some white dust and mist appears, "magic." she whispered. "i cant do it right now but i can heal someone by singing one of my songs." max spoke, carlos raised an eyebrow. "isn't that like rapunzel's power? sorry i learned it in class." carlos said, scratching the back of his head. max smiled nodding, "yeah she uh used this flower to heal me. and it just came to me. i guess." max shrugged. carlos had to admit. he was very confused.

"wait so rapunzel's your mom?" carlos asked, max shakes her head. "aunt." she says. "oh. so who is your mom?" carlos asked, he immediately regretted it when he saw her eyes glow down. "don't know." she whispered, "oh sorry." carlos said, taking her hand as she tensed up but calmed down after. she took her hand away and circled her hand again, a fire set off and her eyes glowed a little red. she quickly shut it off and grabbed a small stick, soon the branch was covered with ice and her eyes glowed a bright blue. "that's it." she smiled, carlos still looked at her confused. "wait so how'd you end up in the isle?" carlos asked, she brushed her hands through her hair. "my other mom." she simply says.

carlos took a second to put everything together, "you had a villian as a parent?" he asked in shock. she nods, "don't like it one bit." letting out a shaky breath, carlos put his hands on her cold hands. "if you don't mind me asking, what happened?" carlos looked into her eyes, she almost gave up but she didn't. "that's a story for another time. but i promise i'll tell you, only ben sapphire and parker knows." max explained, he nods. "so i heard you're becoming queen with ben, well him being a king." carlos laughed, max sighed. "yeah i guess. maybe more than one queen or just passing it down." max says, he gave her a look.

"when ben finds his true love, i bet it's mal. she's gonna become queen as well. and i'll pass it down to her and become a royal advisor for the kingdom." max said, she didn't know why she felt more comfortable with carlos and opened to him a little more but she liked it. "mal? why mal?" carlos asked, feeling a pang if guilt shoot through him. "did you see the way they looked at each other when they first met! like they were the only two people in the world, you can't fake that sort of passion!" max jumped up smiling, carlos laughed. "i genuinely think she has good in her, like the rest of you. a little good and evil won't hurt." max smiles, that warmed carlos's heart. "yeah.." he trails off, knowing they wouldn't be together if they succeed the plan.

max sighed, somehow knowing what they were here for. because she was in that spot before, "choose what you think is right, just put a little fun in it." max said, laying her head on his shoulder. "what do you mean?" carlos asked, looking down at her. "i came from the isle too, it's not hard to think you all are here for one thing. i was in the same place as all of you before." max explains, "you can't change people and who you are but you can change the people around you. and you can choose what's right. you're parents don't always have to choose what you want your futures to be. just choose what makes you feel a little bit more happier." max gave him some advice, he sighed knowing deep down that she was right. then he watched as her head perk up rather quickly, she stood up and looked far into some forest. "uh. hey max. you ok?" carlos asked, max turns around. "oh yeah. yeah." max said, ignoring the voice again sitting beside him. he knew something was bothering her.

[❦]