i.

[]

[]

BEN LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW, looking at the isle of the lost before turning his head to his father and mother. who had his daughter, elle, her sister. also max's daughter, reese come in. and and "how is it possible that you both are gonna be crowned king and queen next month? you're just a baby!" his father stated, "ben's turning 16, dear." his mother says. "still a baby." he heard the voice of his sister beside him, also getting measured for his coronation day. "see! max agrees." his father smiled at max, which she returns. "hey pops." ben said, ignoring his comment.

"16? that's far too young to be crowned king. i didn't make a good decision until i was at least 42" his father answered again, "uh, you decided to marry me at 28." belle glared at her husband, "ah, it was either you or a teapot." adam winked at his son and step daughter. "kidding." he said, ben looked at max. who gave him a good luck smile for what he was about to say. "mom, dad." ben started to walk off, but was stopped by the man who was measuring him. "i've chosen my first official proclamation." ben starts, confidently. belle and the beast look at each other before looking back at his son. ben hesitates, looking back at max who just nods telling him to continue, reassuring him.

"i've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in auradon." ben states, his parents look at him in pure shock. ben sighs, "every time i look out to the island, i feel like they've been abandoned." he explained, max nods in agreement. "the children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" his father asked, and turned to max. "they're no different than i am." she explained. her parents just look at her and back to ben. "we start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. we've already chosen them." ben stated to the three of them. "have you?" his father said, not to fond with his idea.

"i gave you a second chance. who are their parents?" belle asked, ben gulped. "cruella de vil, jafar, the evil queen, and." ben stopped, tensing up. "maleficent." he said, his parents look at him in pure shock. "maleficent! she is the worst villain in the land!" his dad exclaimed, "dad, just hear me out here!" ben tried to say,

"i won't hear of it. they are guilty of unspeakable crimes." the beast explained to him, "dad, their children are innocent. don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? dad?" ben tried to convince him, which looked like it worked. adam looked at max, "they deserve a shot dad. who knows, they could end up exactly like me. you helped me, let ben and i help the next ones." maxine explained.

he sighed and looked back to his son. "i suppose their children are innocent." his father said. max and ben smiled at each other. his father started to walk away and belle came towards the both of them. "well. well done." she smiled at him and kissed max's cheek. before leaving with the king. once they were out of sight, ben ran towards max who was trying on probably the fifth dress and picked her up, hugging her tightly. "you did it beasty." max softly said, "we did." he stated putting her down. he put an arm around her back and they both walked over to the window. that was until max heard an angelic voice, her head perked up quickly and leaned more outside the window. it was coming from what looked like an enchanted forest behind, she thinks is arendelle. "you ok?" ben asked, looking at her weirdly. "did you hear that?" max asked, ben raised an eyebrow at this. "hear what?" he asked, max shakes her head. "nothing. must be my head." max smiled at him, he nods.

"you think they might help us, and well. you." ben hesitatingly asked, max looked down. "don't know." she said in a low voice, shrugging. it was quiet for a good one minute until their best friend parker bursted into the room, looking happier as ever. "i heard!" he jumped up, we both turned around and parker gave us a big hug. "wait until audrey hears about this." parker jokes, ben rolled his eyes shoving him. max laughed already picturing her reaction to this particular situation.

[❦]

ben quietly took a pillow from his bed and tiptoes to the sliding door that separated his and maxine's room. he shut his eyes tightly as the sliding door made a little squeak, he looked at his younger sister who was peacefully sleeping with the sun shining on her skin. he walked him to her bed and swings the pillow, hitting max in the face. he giggled as she shot up in shock, max glared at him before she could speak. ben hit her face one more time, "ben!" she yelled out in annoyance, jumping on him as he tumbled into her bed. the two continued to giggle and fight, "kids!" they heard their mother, immediately stopping.

"get ready, they are about to go to the isle." belle says, referring to the new villian kids coming to aurodon. once she walked away, max pushed ben off the bed. she giggled when she heard a loud thud and then a groan, "there are better ways to wake people up you know?" max says, fixing her hair and going into her closet to get some clothes ready. "i know but it's fun." ben replied, standing up from the floor. "you think i could pull off a blue suit?" max asked, ben looked at her with raised eyebrows. "i mean sure but why a suit?" ben chuckled, "relax. it's not a king kind of suit, it's style i guess." max shrugged, ben didn't answer. too busy looking at her wall above her bed with a bunch of polaroids. max hears the angelic voice again, a little bit louder. she turned her head to the window but shook it off when ben asked her a question.

"did not even realize how good you are at things." ben says, looking around touching her sword, placed in a corner of the room along with her ukulele, guitar, base, bow and arrow, basketball, and the tourney stick and shield. "chad still mad about me being on the team?" max joked, maxine was very talented and chad was lowkey jealous. ben chuckled, "yeah. he'll get over it, audrey's still mad you quit cheer for tourney." he said moving over to her desk where her book of drawings was set. "her being cheer caption was probably the worst decision." max states, ben ignored her comment. "how's your powers holding up?" ben asked, finally looking up at his sister.

"don't know. it's scary, i can't control it. all i know is i can do magic, healing, and my fire and ice is so hard to control." max sighed, looking at her hands. "that's what you get for being special." ben tried to lighten her mood, "i still don't know how i got the abilities." max said, grabbing her clothes about to go take a shower. "well i mean, it might be your mother." ben said, looking around more. "i don't even know who she is, i mean i know where i get the healing part from." she answered but didn't get an answer back, she turned and saw ben still snooping. but averted her attention to the window, once again hearing the beautiful voice. she shut her eyes and brushed it off. turning back to ben. "ben." max rolled her eyes, he hummed still being nosy. "why are you still in my room, get ready." max said, "oh right!" ben jumped up running to his room, sliding the door. max smiled, shaking her head.

[❦]