Reassuring the People S1 E13

It was a few days since Merlin and I had saved my Father's life. Not that he knew that.

We were now in a meeting with my Father and the rest of the Knights. Arthur had taken the Knights of Camelot and Merlin to search for some weird beast.

Apart from a few scratches, they all seemed fine. By all, I mean everyone apart from one Knight, Sir Bedivere, who was eaten by this creature, to put it bluntly.

Arthur had just finished explaining what had happened to Gaius and we awaited his explanation.

"The creature you described has all the characteristics of the questing beast," Gaius said after a moment of thinking.

"Surely that's a myth," Arthur commented.

"That's what we said about the Griffin, though. There must be a reason behind it's sudden appearance," I countered.

"Chelsea is right," Gaius agreed. Arthur raised an eyebrow at me causing me to give him a sarcastic smile. "According to the old books, the appearance of the questing beast is supposed to foreshadow a time of great upheaval."

"Gaius, that's old wives' tale," Father warned him.

"Is it though?" I asked.

"Look, whatever it is, it's spreading panic," Arthur interrupted, before Father could say anything. "The people fear it will enter the city."

"Then we must kill it. Arthur, gather the guard together. You ride at dawn. Chelsea, make yourself useful and go and make sure everything is calm in the town," Father ordered.

I then left the room with Merlin, Arthur and the rest of the Knights. The others turned to go down to the Knights room while I went to the left.

"Chelsea, where you going?" Arthur called out, when he saw me going the other way.

"To look after the people," I replied as though it were obvious.

"You're actually doing what Father says?" Arthur asked confused.

"I'm not doing it for him, I'm doing it for the people," I explained.

"Makes sense," Arthur muttered. "I just thought that you would want to come and help with killing the beast. You know, you being the 'royal delinquent'.

"Oh, that. Well, it isn't dawn yet. I have until then to help the people," I smiled.

"So you will be joining then?" Arthur asked.

"Yup."

"In that case, remember that you need to--"

"Join you from outside the city walls so Father doesn't see. Yes, I know," I interrupted.

"Be careful," Arthur said.

"Always am," I smiled, before turning and leaving.

I spent most of my day walking around the streets talking to the people and trying to calm their fears of this questing beast. Unlike my Father, though, I didn't hide the truth. I told them that I couldn't a hundred percent guarantee that the questing beast wouldn't come into the city. Of course I sugar coated it though.

Later on, I went to go and see Merlin to find out how things had gone with the preparations for tomorrow.

When I got to Gaius', Merlin was flicking through one of his books.

"That looks interesting," I commented, making Merlin jump.

"It's not, trust me," Merlin sighed, closing the book. "How are you about all of this?"