First Attempt of Escape S1 E8

💚 Edited--02.07.2020 💚

The next day, I woke to the sound of birds chirping outside my window. I know how crazy this makes me sound, but I was excited to actually hear them as especially in the early mornings when the market is being set up, you don't hear many due to the chaos outside.

I got up and was about to go out and listen to them more clearly but then I saw my reflection in the mirror; and more importantly, my neck. Gasping in shock, I walked closer to the mirror and saw how bruised my neck was. Thank the Gods I saw this before I ran out.

Quickly, I got to work with trying to cover it up. My first idea was hair.

I plaited it down the left side of my neck, where it was most obvious

I plaited it down the left side of my neck, where it was most obvious. Obviously that wasn't going to be enough to cover it, so I proceeded over to my dressing table, where I kept my makeup. Grabbing some light powder, I dabbed it over the bruise making sure every inch was covered.

Once I was satisfied with my hair and makeup, I went over to my wardrobe, hoping to find a dress that would take peoples attention away from my neck.

Hair done, dress chosen and makeup sorta done, I left my room and made my way down to the market.

I loved all of the early morning buzz from the people as they ran round bargaining, buying and selling all of their products. It always made me wonder about what a normal simple life would be like; a life where I didn't have all of these stupid rules and restrictions. I stood off to the side of the market, mainly hidden by the pillars and shade. This way I could hide from my Father and escape my morning duty of breakfast and awkward conversations with him.

I was pulled away from my daydreaming when I felt someone dig their fingers into my sides, making me jump into the air. Prepared to fight my attacker, I went to hit them but they quickly stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"Woah, woah, woah. Good morning to you too," Merlin said, loosening his grip on my wrist.

"Are you kidding me? You nearly gave me a bloody heart attack," I sighed.