He Will be Missed S1 E10

💚 Edited - 22/01/2021 💚

Nerves were extremely high the next day as we all awaited Kanen's arrival. Arthur had gone on lookout and Gwen had gone to give him some food. Not that he would ever admit it, I think Arthur had a soft spot for Gwen.

Morgana was practising her sword work and some of the other villagers were either joining in or watching her. I was sat in Hunith's thinking about what the worst possible outcome for today was. I know right, I was being very productive.

I then heard someone coming in. I didn't need to look up to know who it was. This person came and sat beside me and grabbed my hands in their own.

"You sure you want to do this?" Merlin asked.

"Yes," I said confidently.

"Just be careful. I know Arthur has probably already said all of this, but I don't know what I'd do if you got hurt," Merlin whispered.

"Trust me. I will be fine. It's you who needs to be careful," I countered. He looked up at me in confusion so I explained. "I'm guessing you're considering using magic."

"If it is needed, then yes. Right now I don't care if anyone else finds out. And if Arthur doesn't accept me for who I am, he's not the friend I thought he was," Merlin said.

"To be honest, I have no idea how Arthur would react. It's like he is afraid of magic but then he doesn't. It's probably cause we grew up with our Father telling us that magic was bad from left, right and centre. But then he wants to have his own opinion about these sort of things so I think he's in the process of deciding," I explained.

"Your Father's teaching didn't work on you did it?" Merlin laughed.

"Clearly not," I giggled.

I rested my head on Merlin's shoulder and we sat there in silence.

"Chelsea, I need to tell you something," Merlin said.

I sat up and looked at him confused.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing's wrong, but Chelsea, I-I--" Merlin began, but then Arthur came in.

"We need to get in our places," Arthur told us.

Arthur quickly went out to gather the men and the women. The women who didn't want to fight and taken the children and as many resources as they could to hide in the woods. For the first time in a while, this all felt so real and I just realised that there was a high chance of the people I love dying.

Merlin got up and was going to follow Arthur out, but I stopped him.

"Merlin..." I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him back.

Sensing what was wrong, Merlin quickly connected our lips and pulled me closer to him.

"Merlin! Chelsea! You coming?" Arthur yelled from outside.

I pulled away from Merlin, gave him a kiss on the cheek and ran out to help save the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was currently ducking down on top of a roof so I could have the best view to shot them with my arrows. As I looked round the village, it looked completely deserted apart from a few heads popping up to look at each other. Overall I'd say we were all hidden pretty well.

We had been waiting for around 20 minutes before they actually showed. About 30-40 men came charging through the forest on their horses. If you asked me, they were trying way too hard to be intimidating with all their yelling and that. It was a little bit funny actually. So much for a sneak attack.