Magic Mystery S1 E12

Over the last few days, Arthur and I have found ourselves in a prank war. It was currently 2-2. You're probably wondering how we found ourselves in this situation and the answer is simple; Arthur woke me up one morning by pouring water over me. I got him back by putting worms and maggots in his food all day a few days ago. At breakfast of course he didn't suspect anything so he ended up eating a couple of those maggots. It was so funny.

Although the laughter didn't last long. For the rest of the day, Arthur would jump out at me by hiding behind everything he could find. By the end of the day I was so paranoid that I would have to check around every corner, doorway and object. Yesterday I got Merlin to help me make Arthur's day a disaster.

To start off with, Merlin 'forgot' to wake Arthur up on time so he was already 25 minutes behind schedule. Next Arthur's clothes would be all creased and all the neat ones would be hiding away in a locked cabinet. Enter Merlin's magic. That would put him in a bad mood for the start of the day. I then told one of the Knights that Arthur wished to speak to him about how well he was doing at the moment. Here's a little secret. Arthur didn't want to talk to him.

That evening, though, the bad event that happened had nothing to do with me.

As I lay in bed, I don't know what the time was but I got a really strange feeling in my stomach. It felt like someone was using really powerful magic here in Camelot. Following my instinct, I got my cloak and went down to talk to one of the guards.

After talking to Alistair for a few minutes, I had been informed that Tom, Gwen's Father, had been arrested for conspiring with a sorcerer. Load of rubbish, if you ask me. Tom would never betray his King.

If what I felt really was magic, then Merlin would have felt it too. So rather than going back up to my room like suggested I went to Gaius'.

When I got there, I knocked on his door and waited for him to open it.

"It's open," I heard Gaius call out.

I walked in and saw Merlin standing next to Gaius, looking as though he too had just got out of bed.

"Did you feel it too?" I asked, shutting the door.

"Yes," Merlin replied.

"Do you know what it is?" I asked.

"I think that there might be some really powerful magic in Camelot," Merlin said.

"That's what I thought," I agreed.

Just then, the door came flying open to reveal a distraught looking Gwen.

"Gwen, what's wrong?" Merlin asked.

"My Father's been arrested," Gwen told them, causing Gaius to stand beside us.

"Arrested? What for?" Merlin asked confused.

Gwen looked as though she was struggling to find the words so I said it for her.

"They say he was making weapons for a sorcerer. They're charging him with treason," I said.

"What?" Gaius exclaimed.

"They said he was conspiring with one of my Father's most known enemies: Tauren. The leader of a band of renegade sorcerers sworn to bring down the King," I explained.

"And where is this Tauren now?" Merlin asked.

"According to Alistair he escaped," I said.

But that's a good thing, it means they can't be a hundred percent sure," Gaius assured Gwen.

"That's the thing. Apparently Arthur saw him with his own eyes. That gives them enough reason to believe that Tom was forging weapons for Tauren. It's completely ludicrous, though. I've known your Father for as long as I can remember and he would never do such a thing," I spoke, looking at Gwen.

"You're the Princess. You must be able to do something to help," Gwen said.

"Arthur and Morgana are trying to talk sense into my Father. If I go and try to talk to him it will only make things worse. Let's just say there isn't exactly much of a Father-Daughter relationship going on," I remarked. "You should go, Gwen. Go speak to your Father while you still have the chance. I don't know how long it will take for my Father to stop any visitors."

"Ok," Gwen whispered.

"Gwen, I'm really sorry, but I will do everything in my power to make sure your Father is proven innocent," I gave her a small smile.

"Thank you, Chelsea. What if they don't let me in?" Gwen asked.

"They will," I said bluntly.

"How can you be sure?"

"Because I'm going to come with you. You may speak with your Father alone, of course. I'll just hover around outside," I told her, grabbing her hand.

"We shall come to," Gaius said determined.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What did he say?" Merlin asked, as Gwen reproached us.

"He said Tauren came to him at the forge, offered to pay him a fortune for his help--not to make weapons. For an experiment or something," Gwen told us.

"What kind of experiment," I asked.

"Tauren didn't say. But he used some kind of stone, some kind of magic," Gwen muttered.

That must have been what woke me, it's the only clear explanation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After we had left the dungeons, Gwen went back to Gaius' as she didn't want to stay in her house alone. I returned to my room and went back to sleep.

The next day I had just woken up and was getting ready when I felt the feeling again.

If it really was magic, we were going to need to find out who was using it if we wanted an chance on saving Tom.