XV - Happy Birthday, Scarlett

Start from the beginning

All flowers for you winter, spring, summer, fall

Notes of I love you for no reason at all

Shout out pala sa lahat ng may gusto kay Hunter. Ako na po ‘yong nanalo. Joke lang.

So lucky to be loved by the most beautiful girl in the world

I’ll treat you right, I’ll treat you so good.

Serenade you every night each moment I could.

All flowers for you winter, spring, summer, fall…

“Sleep tight,”

Notes of I love you for no reason at all…

“And Happy Birthday, Scarlett…” It was not yet my birthday, but this is one of the best gifts I’ve received this year.

I suddenly felt a soft, gentle kiss planted on my forehead while my face is still covered with the comforter.

Thank you, Hunter.

“Are you all right na ba talaga, Scarlett-chan?” This is the tenth time that Zach asked me that stupid question.

I nodded and glared at him. I drifted my attention in front where the stage is located. We are in the auditorium, waiting for the program to start finally.

And as usual, we are seated in front. Logan was in the backstage with Hunter, they are coordinating with contestants while we are waiting here.

“Drink your water, Scarlett.” Pagpapaalala sa akin ni Thalia.

Iinom na sana ako ng tubig nang bigla na lamang pinatong ni Zeus ang palad n’ya sa aking noo.

Nilingon ko s’ya para lamang makita na tumatango-tango siyang mag-isa saka siya muling bumalik sa puwesto niya.

What the fuck was that?

Sumaglit sa puwesto namin sin Clover at Maddie na binigyan ako ng pagkain. Nakangiti akong nagpasalamat kay Clover ng binigyan niya ako ng tatlong pack ng potchi bago sila pumunta sa backstage.

Ayos din palang magkasakit. Nagiging anghel ang mga kasama ko.

“Cupcake para sa nag-iisang crush ko sa Earth! Happy Birthday, Scarlett-chan,” bati sa akin ni Zayn saka n’ya binigay sa akin ang isang box ng assorted na cupcake.

And when the program started, we kept our voices low. The beginning started smoothly, and it was well organized, especially that it was Logan’s work.

I enjoyed every performance, but I was hook on the current contestants. They were a band and was playing ‘Secrets’ by my favorite band, which is the One Republic.

After their performance, the stage suddenly darkened. The beautiful, mellow hymn of the piano slowly captivated the whole auditorium, and when the light was gradually brightening, a woman that was painting suddenly appeared.

I suddenly felt chills, making me shiver in fear. It was a familiar song that I don’t want to hear, and even though I tried to cancel my sense of hearing, I can’t. My mind was so distorted right now that images from my nightmare began to flash once again.

I forcefully shut my eyes and covered my ears. I don’t like this.

Please… Make it stop…

“You have to run, Lexie…”

“No… I don’t want to leave. Is kuya… Is kuya—”

“Listen to me, Lexie. You need to live, you need to run—”

Continues shout from the crowd roared; they are frightened about something. And when I slowly opened my eyes, which I wish I didn’t, my tears automatically fell.

It was the three things I’ve hated the most…

Piano…

Paining…

And blood…

The contestants in the stage were screaming on the top of their lungs, and they were both coated with the thick blood which came from the top.

Buong lakas kong tinakpan ang aking bibig kahut na hindi ko makayang sumigaw. Sobra-sobra ang sikip ng aking dibdib ngayon na pakiramdam ko oras na tumagal pa ito ay hindi ko na kakayanin pa.

Please… someone, make this stop.

I don’t want that to happen again. No, not again.

“—Scarlett! Look at me! Hey, what’s happening?”

“Damn! She’s hallucinating!”

“Zach, Zayn, tawagin n’yo sina Hunter at Logan! Bilisan n’yo,”

Now, it is actually making sense. That woman even knows about my birthday, huh?

“I will be giving your gift…” Tangina. If I fucking survive this mess, I will kill the both of you.

Nurse K and that woman.

I felt someone shaking my shoulder, forcefully making me divert my attention to him. I looked at him, and the tears began to stream down my cheeks, but the sting in my chest didn’t subside.

“Please… Make it stop…” I pleaded. They were all looking at me worriedly, and I can’t help but feel sorry for them, especially that they wouldn’t understand a single bit with my tears.

“Stop what?”

“This pain…”

#