My hand reached my mouth "Are you alright?" I giggled; his arm raised in the air before he gave me a thumbs up. He had literally faceplanted the floor! "Merlin you idiot get up!" Arthurs irritated voice rang out which made the situation even more funny. Poor Merlin could not get up quick enough before the Prince of Camelot grabbed the collar of his jacket and heaved him up practically pushing him in to the room.

"Sorry about him Row..." his extended his hand out to me his frown was gone and now replaced with a small smile and I gladly accepted. "You forget I grew up with him" my eyes wondered around the room to the raven-haired boy who was squinting at me. "You do know I can hear you right?" I hummed getting an annoyed sigh from him.

Arthur led me to the table and pulled a chair out for me before tucking me in. Instead of sitting opposite me as usual, he decided to sit beside me which was a pleasant surprise. "So what's the occasion?" a strand of my hair that had escaped my ribbon tied braid fell in my face, but Arthur was quick to push it behind my ear. "Does there always have to be an occasion? Perhaps I just missed your company?" Merlin coughed and the two of us turned to look at him. "Is something the matter with you?" the young serving boy slyly looked towards Arthur "oh no! just admiring how much of a softie you are with Row." Arthur eye twitched from irritation and before he could reply Merlin shouted, "Dinners Up!"

"Well we are starving over here!" two bowls of what looked like stew were placed before myself and Arthur. "Well you know what they say don't you? Good food takes time." The charming Prince observed it questionably while fiddling with the spoon in his hand. "And this... taste sensation took exactly how long to prepare?" Merlin stood to Arthurs side with his arms crossed looking impressed. "Maybe.... 5 minutes!" my eyes widened. "Wait a minute you made this Merlin?" The two men looked to me. "Uh yes Row is something wrong?"

"Well um I might be wrong but uh you can't cook!" Arthur had taken a sip from his goblet and nearly choked from shock. "Row, I will have you know since living in Ealdor my cooking has improved greatly!" His face lit up with pride and I picked my spoon up ready to try whatever this mixture was and then looked back to him. "Well seeing as you never touched a saucepan in the village I'm not too sure how this will turn out but lets see how this goes." I joked.

"I just can't win with either of you" he huffed. I dipped my spoon into the concoction and daringly tried it. I do not even know where to start with the taste let alone the texture. "How long did you say you cooked this for? I asked. "Believe it was 5 minutes".

"Oh, I see and pray tell how you knew to do if for that exact amount of time?" He began to fiddle with his hands nervously. "well i had Uh to umm let it thicken". I looked to the Prince beside me with a smirk "to let it thicken..." Arthur repeated. The two of us laughed while Merlin sulked but were interrupted as usual by the sound of the warning bell starting again. "Why does this always happen?" i asked to no one in particular. Arthur quickly rose from his chair and placed a hand on my shoulder while signalling for Merlin to grab his sword.

At this moment, a guard entered the room, he quickly bowed acknowledging his Prince "Sire! The royal vaults have been broken into!" Well I wasn't going to just sit around so I rose from my chair and before Arthur could say anything, I just gave him the usual look and he took my hand as we began to walk with the guards. "Come along Merlin!"

We walked down what seemed like hundreds of steps before we reached the basement in which the royal vaults were. The gate that should have been locked shut was no open. Arthur picked up a lit torch and walked into the room with Merlin and I trailing behind. The two guards who accompanied us stood patiently outside.

Arthur walked toward the back of the room where another gate was open and from where I stood, I noticed the empty spot on a red and gold velvet cushion. "The crystal of neahtid" he took a step back to examine the gate he just walked through "the locks are not damaged..." There was no hiding the concern on his face. "What does that tell you?" Merlin asked. "It tells me that someone stole my keys!"

"Was it precious this crystal?" Once again Merlin piped up, his face was emotionless... he knew something. "Of course, it was precious, it wouldn't be down here otherwise would it!" the frustration was clear in his voice and Merlin replied with "right". With one last look around the room he turned around. "Who ever it was knew what they were looking for."

"Apparently" Merlin answered.... Oh, dear not a good move as Arthurs angry eyes met his servants. "Apparently? Is that all you have to say Merlin? Tell me Merlin whose job is it to ensure that my chambers are locked at all times? Whose job is it to ensure that something like this NEVER happens!" his voiced boomed in the stone chamber making me jump slightly.

Arthur took the lit flame with him and angrily walked out of the chamber leaving Merlin and I alone. "Sorry!" he shouted back to the Prince. I punched his arm "really Merlin? Just keep quite please!" Pulling him out of the vault I decided to take him back to my room and ask him some questions. I know he is hiding something.

My heels echoed through the castle halls until we arrived at my room, we spoke no words the whole way up. As soon as he was in a closed the door behind me and told him to sit down. "Merlin, I know your hiding something I can tell. You didn't even seem that surprised down there?" His gaze was fixed on the floor. "I'm not angry with you Merlin but I need to know what you have seen or heard so that we can find a solution together." He then looked up and opened his mouth as if he was going to reply but then closed it once again.

I took a set back from him feeling hurt. "Do you not trust me anymore? Has this different life really caused us to not have the same bond as we did in Ealdor?" I let out a sigh and sat on my bed looking away from him. I heard his heavy footsteps approach until he too was sat on my bed. "It's not that Row, it's just I don't know what I saw and if it could be what happened. I don't want to do or say anything unless I'm certain". He placed his hand on my back and rubbed it soothingly. "I just feel like you never share anything with me anymore, and maybe I'm the same with you but, I just miss our old life and our bond back home. This life now is so fruitful and I'm so thankful, but I can't help but miss our old life back home".

He hummed in agreeance. "I know, I do too but just know that you will always be the one I confide in and once I know for sure you'll be the first to know". He gave me a tight hug before bidding me a goodnight.

Sighing again I then just let myself fall back onto my mattress not even bothering to change from my dress. Perhaps tonight we could all get some sleep without that bell ringing.