Chapter 6

Guess who actually managed to finish another chapter! Thank you  to those who commented and voted on the last chapter this is for you guys :D

Arthur's POV:

Needless to say, I was pacing the floor. It was already dark and it was a couple hours after they had promised to be back. I had just about enough of waiting so I went to father, Merlin was tagging along as usual. Normally I would have told him to clear of but seeing Row's safety is considered, circumstances are different.

The two guards opened the heavy oak doors t reveal my father stood around pacing the floor. Upon hearing the doors open hope filled his eyes only to see that I clearly was not the two he had been expecting. "Morgana and Row's party haven't returned to Camelot. There's no sign of them anywhere."

"Send riders to the outlying villages. I want every guard and every sentry looking for them." I agreed and went off to dispatch them immediately. They were ready within the hour and arrived back in the early hours of the next morning. To my dismay still no sign.

All that was left for me to do was gather the knights and ride out ourselves. It was about 8 by the time we had left the castle gates. The forest trails seemed fine until we saw the trail of bodies within the valley. Panic struck me. Please don't let them be dead. I dismounted my horse ordering my knights to look for survivors. I took a look at one of the enemy swords and knew exactly who's they were. "This is Mercian craftsmanship".

"Arthur!" The sound of Merlin's voice made me turn to see what he had found. It was a note. "It's a ransom note. They have taken both Row and Morgana hostage." The relief that hit me I cannot tell you. They were still alive that was the good side. But how could I know if either of them were harmed. Looking around the scene I spotted the two shoes types different from boots these were defiantly their shoes.

"The tracks lea this way!" Hopefully the weren't too far and we would be able to track them easily. The sound of rustling and twigs snapping caught out attention. Preparing our weapons, we silently made our way closer before hiding amongst the foliage. I swapped my sword for a cross bow edging closer and closer till I was comfortable with the range.

Footsteps grew closer and closer and before I knew it I had my bow pointed straight at Morgana who was in nothing but her under dress. She was trembling with a few cuts on her face. I quickly scanned the area for the blonde-haired girl but she was no where to be seen. "Where's Row?" She was shaking her head at me tears threatening to spill. Oh God please no. "She slipped and I think it was her ankle but she couldn't walk on it. I went back but she told me to go and get help. They've still got her Arthur!"

Merlin had brought blankets with him and quickly wrapped one around Morgana who was still trembling from the whole ordeal. There was nothing I could do until I had more information to find Row. I had to get Morgana back to Camelot and arrange a strategy with my father.

Gwen came running into the courtyard once she had seen Morgana probably out of the window whilst she was doing some of her chores.

The three of us walked to Morganas room where she could get some proper clothes. I waited outside her door for who knows how long until she appeared yet again. All that was in my head right now was Row. What were they doing to her? Where was she being taken to? They kept swirling round my head till we reached the throne room.

Fathers face lit up once he saw Morgana and he embraced her so tightly. "It is such a relief to see you safe. I couldn't bear the thought of anyone harming you". I could see him trying to keep the smile on his face once he saw the cuts on her face. "The bandits still have Row!" Suppose this is where I cut in.