Chapter 9

Row's POV

Gwen had arrived in the late afternoon and started talking about the latest news of the kingdom and we even shared a few moments of laughter. She had arrived in perfect time as today in the throne room there were 5 young men becoming knights of Camelot today and due to my position in the court my presence was compulsory. So here we were tying the never-ending lace up back of my crimson red gown.

The red velvet dress was adorned with golden jewels which I had specifically requested for these events. This was because of Camelot's colours. The red and gold was now apart of me that I wished to represent proudly towards the people. Wearing the colours reminded me of the strong kingdom I lived in and made me feel like I should replicate its name.

Each day passing, I have put in the effort to build on myself and become confident... and brave. Especially since the events several weeks ago. Since those few days of captivity I have been experiencing reoccurring nightmares. Surprisingly not of the actually days themselves, something else which I've never seen before. A man and woman standing in flames tears staining the ageing woman's face while the man held here tightly to him. A woman displaying a devil like smirk was opposite laughing. She always said and did the same thing but a never heard her voice only the sobs of the couple next to me.

It was a strange vision which I should pay much mind to but that's nearly impossible when it happens every night. Thankfully no one has noticed the lack of sleep and my reddening eyes. Taken away from my thoughts was due to the soft hands of Gwen "All finished my lady, I shall just get your hai" before she could finish 3 small knocks interrupted her and she quickly made her way towards the door. Once opening it she curtsied. "Sire". She closed the door slightly in order to have me in full view. "Lady Rosa, Prince Arthur has expressed his wishes to walk you to the ceremony" she smirked.

My cheeks displayed a slight blush "Tell him I gladly accept and shall be ready within a few moments". She nodded before explaining to Arthur what was happening and then continued to close the door. She went to the far-right side of my room towards the dressing table and picked out a golden hairpiece before returning to my side by the bed where I was currently sat. She giggled slightly before putting the jewellery in place. "I know what you're going to say Gwen" my lady's maid was not the only one to enjoy teasing me about the added affection Arthur displayed towards me. "I would merely like to point out you're all ready for the evening Row and that you shouldn't keep your Prince Charming waiting." I got up quickly put I finger to her lips and shushing her "he might hear you!" I giggled.

I brushed the velvet material down slightly before taking a breath and walking towards the wooden door. Before I could even make it there Gwen brushed passed me "allow me my lady". She unlatched the door and within seconds I was standing in the open doorway staring at the cloaked back of Arthur. His head quickly snapped towards me before turning himself around entirely. His boots were the only sounds in the long corridor until he was face to face with me. His eyes met mine and his hand brought mine to his lips. "You look beautiful as always Row, I'm glad you agreed to allowing me to walk you to the ceremony" our locked hands dropped slightly before I hooded my arm into his as we made our way to the throne room.

"I could never pass an offer such as yours Arthur, you know that". My eyes were on the floor as he gazed down and smirked. "Perhaps after the ceremony during the dance you would honour me with a turn?" This time a glanced up "If you want a broken foot then that's no problem" a toothy grin appeared on my face as I giggled. "If a broken foot is what I must go through to spend time with you then I shall certainly endure it". Before we could carry on two guards opened the throne room doors and the court went silent as the two of us were introduced. My hand gripped tighter onto Arthur's arm and upon noticing this he brought up his other hand a placed it on top of mine giving it a soft squeeze. I still am not used to all the staring and bowing.