NINE

❝I think your ancestors were bats❞

After some very long hours of work by Aayan, they were both standing in front of the little hut which was going to be their camping tent until they find a way out of the jungle

After some very long hours of work by Aayan, they were both standing in front of the little hut which was going to be their camping tent until they find a way out of the jungle. Ifrah was very impressed with how he had made this whole thing all by himself but she didn't mention it to him.

And besides, he was a well known architect. So, it wasn't like he was making houses for the first time.

There was just one thing which was bothering her, and she faced her husband to ask what was on her mind but quickly swirled her head back when she saw him in only a vest.

Right.

He was still not wearing a shirt.

She cleared her throat before speaking. “Why does it not have any walls?”

The hut only had a floor and four branches at the corners so that it made a cube. The upper part was to be covered with leaves to make a roof, but she was still confused about not having anything in place for the walls. Aayan swiped the sweat from his forehead with a finger and faced her.

“Because the walls are supposed to be made with leaves.” he informed her, and Ifrah's face crunched up in a frown.

“What?” she asked while looking at his face. “You're not going to make it more... I don't know, safe?

Aayan cocked a brow. “What do you mean by safe?”

She let out a sigh before saying; “What I meant to say is that leaves are not the strongest material out there to make walls. We're in the middle of a forest, any kind of animal can tear it down.”

The raven haired guy rolled his eyes and stepped forward to touch one of the branches he had joined horizontally at the four corners which divided them into two parts, and said; “See this? I have splinters in my hands by only attaching four. I don't want to injure myself while making full covered walls, okay?”

When Ifrah pursed her lips, he further said; “And it's just a temporary place for us to stay. If you want me to make a doll house for you that bad, wait till we reach back home and I'll do something about it in the backyard. You can play there all you want.” he ended his words with a sickly sweet smile which made Ifrah's left eye twitch and she scoffed.

“Very funny. I don't want you to make me anything, I was only voicing out my thoughts. Do whatever you want.”

She turned around to go sit back on the rock which had become her new lazying spot, and huffed out a breath when she saw that Aayan was glaring at him.

“What?” she snapped.

Mein yahan mar raha hun aur tum har do minute baad ja ke farig baith jati ho.” (I'm dying over here and you go and sit there relaxing every two minutes.) he stated with a scowl, and Ifrah felt the ridiculous feeling of guilt when she took in his disheveled, sweaty and clearly tired state. She bit back her irritated comment and stood up with a heavy sigh before asking;