THIRTEEN

❝Why are you being nice?❞

Ifrah pressed the back of her hand to cover the yawn as she lied on her side, facing her husband, and listening to his story of the time when he had went to Dubai with his group of friends

Ifrah pressed the back of her hand to cover the yawn as she lied on her side, facing her husband, and listening to his story of the time when he had went to Dubai with his group of friends. It had been hours since they started talking, and now she was barely keeping her eyes open as she swung between dreamland and reality. Aayan's deep voice was tuning in and out of her head as she struggled to focus on his words and decided that she should just close her lids and then pay attention to him.

She was enjoying his stories a little too much.

"You remember Faisal?" he asked her abruptly. It took her some seconds to process that he had stopped talking.

"Hmm, what?"

Aayan turned his head to see her speaking with her eyes closed and frowned. "Am I boring you?" he asked.

"No... " her reply came in a barely audible voice, and he bit his lip before turning on his side to face her. There was only some inches of difference between them.

"You like chocolate?" he asked as his mischievous side came out.

Ifrah gave him a single nod in answer. "Mhmm."

"How much?"

"Bohat... "

Oh man, she was totally knocked out!

The raven haired guy chuckled quietly to himself before continuing.

"Bohat kitna?"

"Bas bohat."

"Zaida ya kam?"

She didn't reply.

He watched as her breathing turned slow and regular but his own sleep was a miles away from him. So, he kept asking.

"Ifrah?"

A few seconds passed before she hummed in response; "Hmm?"

His chest fluttered.

"Do you... " he trailed off. What was he doing? He couldn't ask her this question when she's not even aware of her surroundings.

But he can't ask her when she's awake too; he would look like a loser.

After contemplating it for some seconds, he just went with the urge and voiced it out.

"Do you really mean it when you say that you hate me?"

Silence.

She was officially in dreamland now. Aayan closed his eyes as he tried to calm his wildly beating heart and opened them again to stare at her sleeping form. It was the second time he was doing this, but he just couldn't help himself. She had some strange attraction which was forcing him to glue his caramel eyes on her and just...