THREE

❝Mein ne tum se shadi he kyun ki?❞

The rain fell with the force of a waterfall while the couple sat in the shelter of some rocks which had space under them to hide

The rain fell with the force of a waterfall while the couple sat in the shelter of some rocks which had space under them to hide. But the unfortunate part was that the space was a little too small for two people and they were practically glued together in there.

“Can you move over a bit?” Ifrah said in an irritated voice and nudged her husband's knee with her own. Aayan threw her a glare from the corner of his eyes.

“Show me even a millimeter of space and I will.” he gritted out, forcing her to huff out a breath. She wrapped her arms around her knees but her left elbow accidentally jammed into Aayan's side and he cursed out loud.

“What the fück is your problem?!”

“Don't scream in my ear, jahil, and don't curse!” she replied angrily and earned a jab in her side from her husband which made her hiss out in pain.

Were his elbows made of steel or something?!

“What the fudge?!” she exclaimed before jamming her elbow more forcefully in his ribs and he groaned in response, but reacted in the same manner.

The jabs went on for some moments before Ifrah let out an angry shriek which made Aayan cup his ears in cringe.

“Stop this nonsense!” she yelled.

You stop first, you stupid banshee!” Aayan yelled back.

Ifrah snapped her mouth shut and closed her eyes to ignore the rage building up inside her. The reason she had to be stuck under a rock was him. If he hadn't been a psycho that he is, and listened to her when she tried to stop him from crossing the line, they wouldn't have gotten lost.

No. They were not lost. She can't think that negatively.

Both of them sat quietly while Ifrah was feeling very uncomfortable due to his body heat reaching her and she muttered annoyingly to herself; “Mein ne tum se shadi he kyun ki?” (Why did I even marry you?)

“Ask that from your mother.” Aayan shot back, making her eyes go wide and she turned her head to give his (very attractive) side profile a glare.

“What did you just say? My mother?” she scoffed out a laugh. “Your mother was the one who kept pressuring me to get married to her idiot of a son.”

This time Aayan faced her with a murderous look on his face, and Ifrah really got scared for a second but didn't let it reach her head.

“We both know why we got married so let's not argue about that, good?” he spat out lowly, and the chestnut haired girl whipped her head in other direction.

He was right. They both knew the reason behind their marriage; it was the friendship between their parents. Ifrah vowed to herself that she will never make any best friends after she had heard the news that her love life was already decided by her parents. She had cried for two hours straight, because the idea of tying the knot with Aayan was that horrible. Ifrah had never felt any kind of hate for people, even if they stabbed her in the back. But Aayan Abdullah was an exception.