"What's wrong?" he asked quickly. "Who is it from?"

"It's from Harry." Hermione said, looking up at him. "He says the Ministry will hold a ball in order to celebrate the end of the Second Wizarding War. It will be hosted at Hogwarts next week."

Draco let a groan escape his lips.

Bloody hell! It has to be Hogwarts, of all places! He thought furiously, brushing his free hand through his hair.

"Are you alright?" Hermione asked, taken aback by his reaction. "Who is your letter from?" she asked, thinking it might have to do with the piece of parchment he had clutched in his hand.

"No one." He said hastily, trying to give her a small smile. "Everything is alright." And with that he wrapped the letter and placed it securely in his pocket.

He didn't know that Hermione managed to see the small emblem on the envelope. It was the Azkaban prison emblem. She decided not to press the matter further, thinking he would talk about it when he felt ready. That didn't stop the small tremor she felt when she thought about who might be writing to him from that horrible place. Hermione felt his hand on her shoulder and flinched slightly. He had been talking to her, but she was too absorbed in her thoughts to hear him.

"Hm, what did you say?" she asked blinking up at him.

"I was saying" he said slightly frustrated that she hadn't heard him the first time. "If you would like to go to the celebration ball with me next week?" he said, managing to smile.

"Oh, I would love to." She said, looking at him excitedly. "I'll write to Harry immediately and tell him we're going."

And with that she ran to her room, leaving Draco alone with Crookshanks.

***

The day of the ball came sooner than anyone expected. Draco felt very nervous as he put on a dark green suit, with a white shirt and green tie. His hair was styled but without being sleeked back. Because he was feeling anxious he kept pacing around the common room, mumbling stuff from time to time. Eventually Blaise got fed up with Draco's agitation and threw him out of the apartment, charming the door so he wouldn't be able to enter again.

Thus, Draco went to Hermione's place to pick her up a bit too early and had to wait for half an hour before she was finally ready. When she got out of her room, Draco felt the air leaving his lungs. She looked so beautiful in her off-the-shoulder red dress, the fabric hugging her body without revealing too much of her curves. She wore high heels and had managed to tame her hair into soft curls that framed her face naturally.

Hermione looked at him, positively radiating and he felt his throat tightening, his mouth and lips dry. He couldn't utter a word but hoped his expression would convey his feelings. His grey eyes looked like molten steel, hot and full of passion, as they took in her beauty. Even though he hadn't said a word, Hermione felt herself blush crimson under his steady gaze.

It was when she got closer to him that he noticed it, the thin scar she had on her right shoulder. He froze in place, his mind suddenly drowned in images and the sounds of a piercing scream. He closed his eyes for an instant, trying desperately to keep his head clear, to compose himself. Now was not the time to remember such things. His eyes snapped open and he took a deep breath. It all happened in an instant and because he recollected himself so quickly, Hermione didn't seem to notice.

She stopped in front of Draco and looked at his formal attire. There was no denying it, the man in front of her was breathtakingly handsome.

"Shall we?" Draco finally brought himself to say, stretching his arm towards her and giving her one of his trademark grins.

"Yes." She said smiling widely, gently placing her hand in the crook of his arm.

Thank you all for reading this story! Let there be a ball! ;) I hope you are all waiting eagerly for the ball scene. If so, stay tuned for the next chapter ;) Until then, have a wonderful day! <3

Bellow there's a funny fan made picture that will fit the first part of the chapter. Dedicated to missblack-rabbit ^_^ hope you'll find it as funny as I did

 Dedicated to missblack-rabbit ^_^ hope you'll find it as funny as I did