Hope

I got home still thinking about everything that happened earlier.

But then decided to just relax and clear my mind of everything related to Maxon and the rest of the day.

Agad akong dumiretso sa aking kwarto, the house is quiet again like the usual days. Maybe Mom's busy with work and Astrid went to one of her photoshoot right after school.

Pagkatapos kong mag half bath at magbihis ay agad akong nakatulog.

"Come with me." The voice came from behind me. I turned around. Though I cannot see it clearly, I belive he's a boy because of his voice.

Why is it so familliar?

I squinted my eyes trying to see him and ignore the fact that I'm hurting because of the blinding light. And then little by little I saw his silhouette.

I stared in shock as I saw something wide behind him, it didn't take long for me to realize that those are wings.
Black wings.

"Who are you?" I asked as I wipe my tears.

Why am I crying?

He shrugged and just held out his hand, trying to reach mine. His hair is covering his face, not allowing me to see it.

"I know that you want this. Come with me, and I'll give whatever you want." I stared at his hand, at that very moment I was so tempted.

As if I really want to take it. I desperately need to. The reason why is I don't know.

Slowly, I reached for it, and then all of a sudden, a voice shouted.

"No!" I looked back from where it came from, I can't see his face as well but he got wings too. Bright white wings.

And then the feeling of being torn consumed my body, as if both of them are trying to get me...

I woke up with cold sweat.

Agad kong tinanggal ang aking kumot at bumangon, biglang sumakit ang aking ulo dahil sa panaginip na iyon.

I rarely dream. But when I do, something major happens. I remember when before my Dad got promoted and got sent to Malaysia, the night before I dreamt of being in an airplane.

And before I got chosen to model for the commercial that I gave to my sister, the night before I dreamt of being in front of cameras.

Now, what does this mean?

I looked up at my clock and saw it's already 8pm.

I decided to go downstairs to  eat. There I saw Astrid munching on her apple.

"Kain na." Sabi niya at tinuro ang dining table. Nakahanda na ang pagkain roon. I got a plate and started filling it with rice and Caldereta, and then saw Astrid by the glass beside the door na parang may sinisilip.

"May nakatira na ata sa tapat, ate." She said. Yes, may pagka chismosa ata talaga itong kapatid ko.

And me, a curious Ate, went beside her to take a peek as well.

"Oo nga noh." I agreed while holding my plate.

The house across from us had always been empty, ilang taon na din ang lumipas nang umalis ang may-ari at naglagay ng For Sale na sign sa labas.

And now it's all gone. For sure pagkauwi ni Mommy ay aayain niya kami magpunta doon at dalhan sila ng cookies as a welcome in our neighborhood. I know because she did that when a newlywed couple moved in the house beside ours.