Invite

Maxon's POV

"Do it, Son. And I'll let you marry any woman you'd like."

I never thought my father would make me do things against my will. But I guess, that's what money does.

Don Maximus Villegas wants me to make the daughter of his biggest rival to fall in love. And when I get the right information, I can dump the girl and he said he'll take it from there.

It's simple, but something inside me wants to refuse this.

Habang nakaupo sa harapan ni Papa, pinapanood ako mula sa kanyang swivel chair ay sinilip ko ang aking phone. Still no text from Carrie.

My Carrie.

She wouldn't want to hear about this nor will agree for me to do it. But with my father around, I'm sure we won't have a say on anything.

But then, the offer is so damn tempting. For years, the sons and daughters of the Villegas family marries the people their parents chose for them. The smartest, prettiest and most of all, the richest.

And of course, I'm no exception. Not if I won't take this offer.

I sighed, "Papa, let me think about this. I'll give you my answer, maybe... tomorrow." I said and stood up.

He nodded and smiled a little, probably taking this as a victory, "Very well, Son. You may go now."

Papa really knows how to ruin my day. May pasok ngayon at kakagaling ko lang sa Campus Tour tapos ganoon ang salubong sa akin. I shook my head.

When I went down the grand staircase, my butler, Francis, came to me. "Sir, the breakfast is ready."

I just nodded my head. I don't even know why I need a butler in the first place. I don't need anyone wiping my ass or balls wherever I go. This is Mama's fault.

She travels a lot, thanks to all the money Papa makes. And still, she wants to make sure I'm well taken care of, so here we are.

I had my breakfast and a little bit of protein shake. Dala ang aking bag, lumabas ako at dumiretso sa aking Ferrari. Dad got me this as a birthday present, or more like a payment for being not with me most of the time.

The butler waited outside the gate until I was away. I hate babysitters.

When I got to the school, I went straight to the gym, wala pa rin masyadong tao dahil sobrang aga pa, I didn't bother texting Carrie because she's probably preparing right now. I saw the rest of the team sitting on the benches while some of the staffs are fixing the elevated platform.

Umakyat ako at pinuntahan sila, "Captain." Bati ni Kent. After giving each other a high five, we sat and waited for our coach to come. "Balita ko may bago daw students. Mga late enrolee." Bulong sakin ni Kent nang naging busy maglaro ang iba sa amin.

"So?" I raised my brow. This man has a habit of teasing me that I'm replaceable in the team, that I should be threatened in every new male student because they might take my place. I try to keep my cool, but sometimes I just lose it.

He smirked, "I know what you're thinking, man. I'm not teasing you, I'm just informing you." Then he laughed.

I shook my head. The rest of the boys are chilling while munching on a bag of chips, the others are watching or playing games on there phones. The sight made me miss my brother. I wish he's still here.

My mind flew back to my dad's offer. I know why he's willing to sacrifice his only heir to the company to marry anyone. It's because he is seeking revenge.